Finished Work Critiques and Works in Progress
   >> 3D Stills
Thread views: 17631 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

MacMyers
(Stranger)
10/04/11 11:11 AM
Help with bloated Model new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ok.. I'm not very good. I make ineffecient bloated models.

That said can some one tell me what's going on here?

1. Model in Carrara

2 Spot Render in Carrara

3 Camera with production frame in Carrara

4. Render in Carrara

5. Import to DS 4

6. Imported model in DS 4. All shader zones present.. but many names changed and changes make no difference in materials of model

7. Impoert to Poser 2012 Pro

8. Imported model

9. Imported Model

10. Begining render in Poser before lock up and crash.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mac

MacMyers
(Stranger)
10/04/11 11:13 AM
Re: Help with bloated Model new [re: MacMyers]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Matika
(Journeyman)
10/25/11 10:11 PM
Re: Help with bloated Model [re: MacMyers]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

you said it is bloated.  Does that mean it is graphic intense, if so does your computer have enough resource to render it.  Poser pro 2012 renders a lot easier than before.  Pehaps you know someone who uses 2012 and will test the rendering for you.  I'm sure someone here would test it for you.

Josea
(Newbie)
10/26/11 01:32 PM
Re: Help with bloated Model new [re: MacMyers]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Sounds like you need to reduce the polygons to something that Poser could handle. Even if your target application can handle a bloated model it is still a good idea to keep the polygon count as low as possible without reducing too much detail.

I don't have Carrara but most modellers have similar features.

1. Save a copy of bloated model with new name. Load it into Carrara.

2. Check the statistics/properties/info or what ever Carrara calls it that allows you to find out how many polygons you have. This is the number you have to reduce.

3. Find out if you have any polygons with more than 4 sides (also called edges). Earlier versions of Poser can only handle triangles (3 sides) and quads (4 sides). Don't know if latest versions can handle more.

4. Look for parts of your model that are mostly flat and start merging polygons. Read your manual to find out if there are short cuts to reducing the polygon count without making the model ugly. Sometimes better to do by hand since most poly reducers make geometry messy. Also consider simplifying parts that are not going to be seen often or in close ups.

5. Once you got polygon count down as much as you can stand check again that you only have tris and quads.

6 . Export to DAZ Studio and Poser to see if things are better.

7. Repeat as needed.

Hope this helps.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise