Application Specific
   >> DAZ Bryce
Thread views: 31191 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

BlueFlame
(Stranger)
01/07/11 07:45 PM
DS Users on ShareCG new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I wonder how many people on this site use Daz Studio for one thing or another.  Do you have a guess for a percentage number?  There are lots of programs being used but some are really challenging to learn and use.

cris333
(Stranger)
01/10/11 01:32 PM
Re: DS Users on ShareCG new [re: BlueFlame]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have Daz Studio,just installed Bryce7 and Carrara , im very new to these 3D things, seems very hard to create,require alot patience ,also english its not my native language Undecided ,but im good using Adobe CS4Ex Laughing

VuDuDawL
(Stranger)
01/18/11 04:37 AM
Re: DS Users on ShareCG new [re: cris333]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I use DAZ Studio. I have Carrara 6 Pro, Hexagon 2 (from the bonus with the book "Figures, Characters and Avatars"), and Bryce (old, free version) as well. I, too, find Poser daunting to learn. I also have the Reality Plug-in, and this year, my husband bought me a Platinum Club membership. I have done my first commission work, so I have been furiously adding to my libraries 'just in case'... heh. Right now I am a full-time nursing student, which is extremely demanding and leaves me little free time, plus I am taking an outside course in Medical Spanish, and this summer have added Phlebotomy. This all leaves me only a few rare moments for my hobby. But I figure in a year, I will graduate, pass my boards, and life will return to something more like normal - and I will be ready to create!

I still have tons to learn, but I do love DAZ Studio and the ability it gives me to to create art.

I have found so much great stuff here at ShareCG! I truly appreciate all those talented artists who share their work here.

LocusSolus
(Stranger)
01/20/11 03:17 AM
Re: DS Users on ShareCG [re: VuDuDawL]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, just to say Hello.

Registered to day on ShareCG. D|S3 user, Carrara8 standard for some specific, Hexagon2.

Late, but best wishes for 2011! Smile

Sincerely, LocusSolus (France).

LadyTash
(Stranger)
01/30/11 06:51 PM
Re: DS Users on ShareCG new [re: BlueFlame]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I also am a Daz user.  I've tried to figure out Poser and just have no luck in learning.  Maybe my advanced age??? lol

I find with Daz that I can create what I want and have gotten better with all of my stuff from renders to creating textures and such.  I've still a long way to go, and ShareCG gives me a great place to showcase my work.  There have been a lot of downloads, so I guess I'm doing something right :D

Anyway, just thought I would pop in and say hello!

BadFaerie
(Stranger)
02/01/11 01:16 PM

I've been using it for over a year to produce a graphic novel. I find that poser has more features than I need and is far too expensive for me. I can produce advanced layouts and scenes perfectly well with DAZ. It has it's weaknesses such as no volumetric ligting and such, but that's not all that important as I can fake that with Photoshop quite easiliy.

Matika
(Stranger)
02/24/11 08:43 PM
Re: DS Users on ShareCG new [re: BadFaerie]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I started off with DAZ but learned that poser for some reason was easier to use.  Don't know why.

I still use daz for motion and merging of figures in animation though I will save the motion to a bhv file for poser and I will save merging animation to poser to add it to scene.  The figure that I have created does not like daz or daz doesn't like it.  Not sure which.  Never the less still find use for both.

MLDelda
(Stranger)
01/14/12 12:34 PM
Re: DS Users on ShareCG new [re: Matika]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I started using DAZ about 6 years ago. I came across it on the internet accidentally and thought it was so cool.  I had no problems using the application itself, but as i got more and more into it, along the way, you start learing about things that well, you need to know if you want to progress from beginner's level.  For me, DAZ is definitely easier to use and maneuver for users. However I am under the impression that Poser, which I do have (P7) and have tried my hardest to learn how my way around it,  seems to have some features that DAZ doesn't, which makes poser rendered images look better than DAZ's.  With DAZ 4 Pro out there and more than a handful of plug-ins available to work with DAZ, I am sure it will only be a matter of time before DAZ is where Poser is at.  Hopefully.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise