Application Specific
   >> Blender
Thread views: 31100 View all threads**Threaded Mode

thondal
(Stranger)
06/15/07 02:56 AM
introduction new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, my name is simen. Using the name Thondal for a reason i really don´t know. :P

I´m a Blender user /blenderhead. I have been using blender for about a year. I have tried out lightwave and 3ds but sticking to blender. Don´t have much work to show off, but trying to put something together. Meantime, i hope there are other blender users here who can post. Good day to everyone!

-thondal- 

vkirchner
(Stranger)
07/03/07 12:41 PM
Re: introduction [re: thondal]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Simen,

I also have Blender, but only for a few weeks.  The new Blender book and I are

sleeping together, so possibly there will be a few things sprouting in the future

that I can show you.  I think that Blender has many wonderful qualities to

speak of, but many people are scared away by the interface.  Hopefully this

can be overcome in the future.  Most of the work I do is based on architectural

modeling to create driving animations.  Blender is not really strong in the cad

tools area, but I am becoming more accustomed to creating the vector art in

another tool and then importing into lender for creation of the 3D.  So for now,

I must continue to study my book.  

Regards

Vince 

harrgunn
(Stranger)
09/29/07 04:18 AM
Re: introduction new [re: vkirchner]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I too am a Blender user.  I do have 3ds, but for some reason once learning blender can't seem to leave it.  Most all of my works here, and on my home site have been created with blender.  Yes, blender has one steep learning curve. 

lordazzo13
(Stranger)
11/27/07 05:02 PM
Re: introduction new [re: thondal]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I love the idea of Blender, but when I try to make anything with it I feel like I've been dropped down into a foreign country with no language skills, all I can do is look at it and say "DUH"...........I need a book, maybe "Blender for Dummies".

Love to see the stuff you all make.

lordazzo13 

Spartan103
(Stranger)
02/11/09 05:29 AM
Re: introduction new [re: thondal]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello,

I am a silo user but i tried to use blender for animation rigging and i cant figure it out and if anyone can help me that would be great. Oh and i cant figure out how to transfer my models to blender.

anoyance
(Stranger)
12/06/10 01:11 AM
Re: introduction new [re: Spartan103]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am a bledererer myself. I have been using it for close to 5 years on and off. If you want to learn how to use it good I would suggest just looking on their site for the tutorials. To import your models into blender just use the import option under File. Select what format your model is currenly in and blender will do a pretty good job at sucking it in. Blender has a good advantage because its open source. Anyone can help add to and develop blender, so you get the best of everything.

My suggestions for modeling is to start off making your models my extruding edges and faces or doing edgeloops. If your model is a mirror image model, make sure you use the Mirror modifier under the editing menu in the buttons pannel. (That cuts your work in half!Wink) When you have a finished model with not too many poly's, then create your normal map. The easiest way to do this is by duplicating your object and then subdividing it a whole bunch to make it a high poly model. Make your model extra pretty and smooth and add in all those details you wanted. One good way to do that is using the sculpt mode. Then you can use the Bake option in the render tab of the buttons pannel to bake the high poly details into a normal map on the lower poly model! If you need more details and to see it in action just search "How to make a normal texture Blender" in youtube and you will get plenty of tutorials. Anyway, thats my low down on the process of modeling with blender. Good luck!

IceEmpress
(Stranger)
07/23/13 06:10 PM

Hi, I'm IceEmpress (don't give my name over the internet), and I'm just beginning to try out Blender (and I need help)

Why Blender?  Because it's free, and (for now at least) I mainly want something that will convert files to use in DAZ and something to paint textures and apply seamless textures to a model for use in DAZ, though the Cycles engine sounds nice and I plan to use it at some point.  I have only fooled around with the program on three different days now.  I'm beginning to get the hang of the interface a little bit.

As for the "foreign country", thing, well...  I felt the same way when I tried out DAZ (and *cough* Hexagon) last January, seeing as those are my first experiences with 3D programs.  I'm accustomed to DAZ, now (Hexagon is more complicated and buggy, and I haven't worked with it much)  I'm confident that I can get accustomed to Blender as well with enough usage.

View all threads**Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise