ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 40047 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
05/09/08 04:36 AM
where is everyone? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ok so i realize that the forums here have slowly died since the cancelation of revenue share,but,i have been logging in atleast once a week to see if anyone had posted anything new.i havent seen a new post here in over a month! where the heck did everyone go? i liked the comic relief. nasty sarcasm is my best friend.lol

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
05/09/08 05:27 PM
Re: where is everyone? new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello.

I didn't join ShareCG until after the "Share the Wealth" policy ended, and half of the the posts on the site were complaints about that.  The good news is that the complaints stopped, but the bad news is that most of tha talking stopped too.  I prefer polite interactions, instead of insults, sarcasm, and rude remarks.  I'm not an artist, just a simple programmer, which is why I wrote NewSkin instead of posting images or creating Poser content.

I am currently working with someone to create free renderfarm software, but haven't done much with it recently.  POVRay seems to do a good job rendering, and PoseRay does a good job porting Poser and Daz Studio output to POVRay.  I am currently waiting for the next release of PoseRay, which should have batch processing, then I can work on the VB code and Python Script to support it.  I know there is free Renderfarm software here, but it has file format and node limitations.   I don't need the software, I just like to program.

-David

raytracer
(Journeyman)
05/12/08 09:20 AM
Re: where is everyone? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Maybe you can program some projects for lightwave.Smile

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_author=13951&id_affiliate=13951] 3Dstudio

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
05/12/08 10:21 PM
Re: where is everyone? new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Raytracer.

Creating something for Lightwave is tempting, but lightwave isn't free, and I don't have a copy.  Not only would I be unable to test the output of my programs, I wouldn't even know what kind of programs to create.  I don't even know if a Lightwave compatable version of NewSkin woukd be useful.

Can you think of any simple utilities that Lightwave could use.  Does it need something to verify or swap references to external files?  Maybe something to package files for distribution?

When I get around to it, I need to add a batch processing feature to NewSkin, for Poser content creators.  I would also like to put in a way to correct references to misplaced object files.

I actually have a short list of simple projects I want to work on.  One is a database of references between Poser files.  This way you can rename a texture file, or texture file directory, and all of the Poser files would be updated with the new file location.  You would also be able to verify which files use a specific object or texture file, before you decide if you want to delete it. 

Of course, I am always open to new program ideas to add to my list, as well as ideas to improve existing programs.

-David

raytracer
(Journeyman)
05/14/08 09:35 AM
Re: where is everyone? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I see. How about something that probably is more suited to poser related stuff. Check out 3Dcoat. The developer recently made an sdk for it.

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_author=13951&id_affiliate=13951] 3Dstudio

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
05/14/08 09:41 PM
Re: where is everyone? new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Raytracer.

Poser and Daz Studio projects would be a good idea.  Creating a Poser compatible version of 3DCoat would be a large project, taking many months to complete.  First I would have to learn how to render 3D images through code.  There are plenty of ways to convert data from Poser to a format 3DCoat can read, and 3DCoat could always add Poser file formats to its next release.  I don't believe in reinventing the wheel, unless the current wheel is square.

It might make more sense for me to learn how to code 3D renders by adding a preview function to NewSkin.  My coding time is limited, and would prefer small projects for now.

-David

dadchamp
(Member)
05/15/08 07:09 PM

Blacksmith3d http://www.blacksmith3d.com/ has a 3D paint program that loads CR2/OBJs directly and it's free. You just have to download the demo version of the Blacksmith3D Suite to get it. It's a very functional program and I find it quite user friendly after after getting over a few bumps.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise