ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 130812 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
talal0khalid
(Stranger)
06/25/08 08:05 AM
They will start renevue sharing again? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Tell me plz,

will i ever be able to get paid here like before?

dadchamp
(Member)
06/25/08 06:54 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: talal0khalid]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

doutbful!

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

spacenewt
(Newbie)
06/25/08 09:40 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yup, I say doubtful too...

I just wish they'd let us know one way or another....

If it's yes, then give us a rough time frame...... if it's no then have the courtesy to tell us, I wouldn't pull my stuff from the site.

What will make me pull my goodies however is being kept dangling...

angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
06/28/08 06:25 AM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

that is exactly how i feel about it!

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
06/28/08 11:35 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I already pulled my goodies. Last month there was a rash of people not being able to navigate the site here due to some new Java Ad's taking over their browsers and crashing their systems. Sorry. If you wanna make money off my freebies and not share the wealth, the least you can do is make sure my stuff is accessible!

adp__
(Journeyman)
06/29/08 05:40 AM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

"Last month there was a rash of people not being able to navigate the site here due to some new Java Ad's taking over their browsers and crashing their systems"

Perhaps because of this?
http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/Ghostly-threat-to-Internet-Explorer-users--/news/111017

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
06/29/08 08:09 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

While that is some scarey information. It doesn't describe what was happening to people trying to download from this site. The Java they were using in one of the ad's here was continually calling itself repeatedly looping until the browsers had eaten up so much memory that they either crashed or froze up entirely. Turning on adblockers stopped it. I have no idea if they've fixed it because I no longer browse this site with advertising allowed.

Beatrice
(Newbie)
06/29/08 09:58 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It seems to have been sorted out

spacenewt
(Newbie)
07/01/08 04:21 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yup the ads crashing the browser problem seems to be fixed....

The main problem remains though.....

Please give us a definative answer guys..... We've been really patient with all this, but honestly, how long does it take to decide to share the revenue or not?Undecided

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
07/01/08 09:33 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: spacenewt]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The last I heard, ShareCG does still intends to eventually reinstate sharing the wealth.
If you check jakeheller's response on http://www10.sharecg.com/wwwthreads-5.3/showflat.php?Cat=8,9,10,11,12&Board=discussion&Number=97401&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=
you will see the following response:

Yes, we do intend on bringing revenue sharing back. Designing the new system is what has been keeping us busy (as well as working on our sister sites, which are also important for our revenue--and are essentially paying for ShareCG's existence right now). Please continue to use the site's benefits other than revenue sharing--i.e., downloading quality downloads... we hope the site is beneficial to its users, even when we don't pay 'em.

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
07/01/08 09:40 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The post did not state when the policy would be reinstated, but that it was a low priority. Since the economy has gotten worse since then, I'm sure that it has been moved to an even lower priority. I wouldn't expect any change this year, but that's just a guess.

Since I don't know of any other web sites that share the wealth for 3d content, programs, and utilities, I have no reason to go anywhere else. Many of the other free file hosting sites are not as user friendly as ShareCG, which means there is currently nowhere else I would prefer to post my files.
-David J. Hanna

spacenewt
(Newbie)
07/01/08 10:27 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Beleive me, I do understand about the economy... perhaps if I wasn't so affected by the economy it wouldn'd bother me so much. :D

It's also that most of the older members of the site where atracted at the beginning by the free hosting and ( it was a big and) the revenue sharing. We knew we were never going to make vast amounts of money (the most I ever earned in a month was about 15 GBP).

When Jake cancelled the revenue sharing it was with the proviso that they were working stuff out and would reinstate it when everything had been sorted..... that was nearly 6 MONTHS ago!

Those of us who are still here (and I know a lot of us have left the site)have been incredibly patient and understanding...for me right up until the new site apeared in fact!

Now all we're asking is that you give us the common courtesy of a straight answer.

If you don't intend to resume revenue sharing then that's fine, tell us and I'm betting that most people will keep their stuff here and continue to upload new goodies so that your ad revenue from views stays up.

If you do intend to resume sharing then tell us a time frame... if it's another 6 months then that's ok, we won't go anywhere, just please let us know.

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
07/02/08 09:32 PM

I understand your frustration. I only became a member of ShareCG after the revenue sharing ended. This means that I never collected a dime for any of my work. Well, I only have one real submission. The only thing I uploaded to ShareCG was my program called NewSkin, but I have uploaded several versions of it. Each new version with new features, and an improved user interface. There are several other projects I would like to work on, including a program that would analyze poser files for references to other files, build a database, and allow you fix bad links, and update links when related files are moved. Unfortunately money is tight (Has been for years), and I cannot allocate time to projects that are not expected to bring in any revenue.
I haven't talked to ShareCG moderators recently, so I can only quote from old postings. I don't have any insight to why we haven't heard from them. One possible delay could come from the problem with the download counter. One thing that was discussed (At least by me) about the new pay distribution, was to use download count instead of viewed count. As soon as the download count was added to the site, major problems were discovered. Some members had download counts that were several times their viewd count, and it just kept spinning out of control. I think they have that mostly under control now, but I am still getting more downloads than views on the full install of NewSkin. I think that is because downloads fail, and visitors restart the download without reviewing the page. Considering all the gripes and complaints when the revenue sharing ended, I can see why they wouldn't want to start it, only to end it again in a few weeks. It would be nice if they started giving us a weekly progress report, even if the report simply said "We are still trying to resolve the xxxxxxx problem, but expect to find a solution soon." Not only would we feel as though we mattered, but one of the members might have dealt with a similar problem, and know of a possible solution.
-David

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
07/13/08 07:53 PM

Well until the site owners take the time to tell us something, I for one am not going to hold my breath. I have to say I haven't been at all impressed by the lack of communications from the owners on this subject. I've been less impressed by the slipshod programming of the site as of late.

Having to use adblockers to do anything here has probably impacted on the site revenue as well, so I don't expect them to jump at the chance of revenue sharing if people are just going to turn off all advertising when they access the site.

unrenibor
(Stranger)
12/09/08 07:48 PM
the waters sound out on slog away & Life new [re: talal0khalid]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

proem: I'm a swotter, looking toward being a CPA, but questioning my dash ideal, change, and task/life in general.

What are your thoughts on how your m‚tier affects you individualality? If you procure a repetitious accounting job, do you change wearying? On the furious side, does a soporific job absolutely rouse you to be venturesome and enticing the domain at large of m‚tier, craving unrest to equalize the tiresome task environment?

What do you do the day you wake up and grasp you shrink your job? What if that's EVERY morning? What are some textile jobs with which one can leaking the rat-the turf or rise some satisfaction? I represent being a the fuzz fuzz, firefighter, sister, etc. as being emotionally enriched, moreso than a subject joint job.

Does anyone differentiate a textile estate to reserve one of those Job array tests, that pick all advantageously occupations for you? Are they accurate?

I'm awareness somewhat principled now, I security to start a urgent chat with some words of wisdom. Thanks guys

I see/differentiate too numberless people m‚tiering jobs they shrink to gross change to buy things they don't difficulty to try and abound in the without caused by unhappiness with their life/job/wanimosityver. (refer to disagreement belabour, LOL). Is that how the domain tasks?

To sum it all up, I come up with I'm a hot, gleeful yourself currently. Is the fraternity after college the essence-crushing, numbing motor car it can earmarks of to be at times from this side of the fence?

dadchamp
(Member)
12/09/08 09:06 PM
Re: the waters sound out on slog away & Life new [re: unrenibor]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

WOW, that just says it all!?!?!?!?!?

I'm only guessing here but I'll bet English is not your first language and that was probably translated though Babelfish from something like Japanese, Korean, Russian, or one of the Arabic languages. And even though the translation was extremely rough I think I get the gist of what you are saying ... and my response:

I would rather be poor and working at a job I love than be well off, working for someone else, at a job I hated. As soon as the magick is out of a job, so is the love, desire and happiness. I cannot be tied to a desk no matter how many dollars are dangled in front of me anymore. But give me a few bucks and the chance to create and teach ... and suddenly I feel like a god!

I would rather shine in the shallows, than be dull in an ivory tower.

DAD

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

greatterrakomp
(Stranger)
05/22/09 07:17 PM
Uploading avatar new [re: talal0khalid]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello, everyone! Nice forum, nice discussions!

Can you, guys, tell me how i can upload an avatar so that it could be displayed with all my posts? i'm just newbe in using forums and can't find this feature here.

P.S. i'm sorry, may be i'm posting to the wrong category, but i just want to use all features of the board.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
07/28/09 09:38 AM

Hi Matrixworks and all on this thread --- We are taking a new tack and are working now behind the scenes to integrate an e-store component into the site.  This effort will be completed and launched within approximately 60 days and will allow users to sell some of their uploads.  We're also working with Mental Images to integrate their Reality Server into our site ... this will allow 3D models to be displayed and manipulated --- zoom, rotate etc.  This should be in place within 30 days.  We feel that this will compliment the e-store giving particpants many ways to display their wares. (Video, manipulated 3D models, QuickTime VR, Visualizations etc.)

We do not currently plan to reinstitute pay for upload.

I hope this clears things up and gives you a peak into the future.  I'll be checking this thread but you can contact me directly at david.heller@sharecg.com if you have any comments, questions, or great ideas!

Have a great day, and enjoy the site!

David Heller
ShareCG

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
08/02/09 03:51 PM
Re: They will start renevue sharing again? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Wow! I only just happend to come here today on a whim because I was totally bored and whadda ya know? An Answer only a week old but about 12 months too late. I'm sorry David, but I wouldn't put anything in a store here EVER concidering how poorly this site has been handled in the past two or three years. (Hell, it's been so long since I had stuff here I've forgotten when it was!) If I ever decide to get back into content creation for others and IF I decide to sell. I'll stick to selling through reliable sites like Renderosity or DAZ. No offense.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
08/07/09 02:41 PM

What did we do wrong?  We haven't been visiting the forums, but have really been improving the site.  In fact, in addition the the upcoming e-store you'll soon be able to manipulate the 3D models .... Oh well .... I'm very sorry to see you leave, you do good work! 

Have a great weekend!Smile

David

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise