ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 87196 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
joequick
(Stranger)
11/13/10 09:33 AM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

These two also seem to rate as a team and have oddly similarly patterned names

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=knitknat

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=spitspat

Greybeard
(Stranger)
11/26/10 07:19 AM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

With the constantly changing number of members, my thought would  be it would be a lot to ask the CSG staff to be able to keep track of the multiple accounts for any one user.  I can see times when one might want two accounts, as when uploading models that fall in two distinct categories, but that would be rare. 

I have one now that seems to be what I would call stalking, and charmy only knows the one star.  Big deal, a better guide is how many downloads to how many views. 

Not that I can go back before the site was keeping track of the ratings, but looking back and seeing the same name consistently gives a pretty good hint as to why the rating suddenly dropped. 

Why people think they have to do things like that, I have no idea, but a mental deficiency is definitely evident.  I've seen some very nice work given a lower rating that it probably should have, what anyone gains from that is beyond my comprehension.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/27/10 11:17 AM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: Greybeard]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just FYI, everything that's done on the site is recorded and stored in our database.  So, by default, we do know who rated who, and we have records dating back to day one.  I also don't know why people get multiple user names and use them to trash others. 

Fortunately, out of the 150,000 unique visitors each month, and the more than 125,000 registered users only one or two people, that we know of, have or are doing this.   So, it's not an epidemic, but it is annoying and certainly an issue for those few who have been attacked in this way. 

Once we uncover and confirm this type of abuse we shut down the infringing party's presence on the site.

Greybeard
(Stranger)
11/27/10 04:02 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Nope.  No epidemic.  But, many thanks for letting us see who rated and what they rated, that allows me to get rid of the problem child and have a little better picture of who liked it and how well. 

FleshForge
(Stranger)
12/26/10 07:54 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Happy to see that you have addressed this problem and that it seems to be well under control, good job!

PoisonIvy
(Stranger)
05/28/11 08:51 AM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: tabbycat]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I hope this won't be off topic , But I think everyone that wants to download a model must leave a comment to the artist if they want to rate it. Be it good, bad or in-different. A artist can't improve their work if they don't have the feed back. Sometimes downloads are missing and or a model does not work as intended so the artist should know that as well as much as when the model is very good.

I am a Graphic Web Designer/Flash Animator, so I don't make Models, but I am very good at using the ones you artist make. So if I download a model I also leave a comment and rate it 1- 5 for 5 stars being the highest rating.

If I use the model downloaded in a web project, I will leave a link to where I used the model so the artist may see the model they created in action. I hope this will inspire your creativity as you inspire mine.

All You artist are very talented and deserve credit for your work. I am for one very very appreciative of the fact you share you work to begin with.

I think a lot of people come on here and take for granted that you share these out of the goodness of your heart an some people also are just into much of a hurry to leave a comment. that just sad

So in my small way I want to use this opportunity to thank you artist one and all. Please don't let the artist want-too-be's discourage you from doing the great work and services you provide to us that do appreciate your work.

Happy Rendering

Your friend

Ivy Summers

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise