ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 86247 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
tabbycat
(Stranger)
02/22/10 02:11 PM
Let us see who is rating us new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think Sharecg.com should let us see who rates us and those that rate us should have to give a reason or they can't rate us.  Their user names should be logged as well.

One of my items got rated really low and I have no idea why.  

This person may be mad with me so they may be rating anything I do low which is unfair to all of us that post items, free items, on sharecg.  Or this person might be attacking the wrong person or they are jealous, you never know, right ?  What keeps a rating person like this from rating low if they are not held accountable ? 

But mostly, I would like to know what their beef is.   If their beef is real, then my understanding of their point of view can make me a better artist.  

Tabbycat

Greybeard
(Stranger)
04/21/10 06:45 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us [re: tabbycat]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I wouldn't worry too terribly much, Tabbycat.  When I look at something here, and I think most people do the same, it's how useful it would be to me that I'm looking at.  A lot of things that are top rated, I go right on past because they're not in my area of interest.  I don't stop and rate anything, what I'm looking for might get a low rating from most people.  For my own stuff, what I look as is the ratio of D/L to Views.  Figure as long as it's around half, I'm doing ok. 

Cyberwoman
(Stranger)
05/09/10 08:29 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us [re: tabbycat]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't really care about who rates my posts, but I would love to get reasons for ratings. As a fairly new content creator, I really value feedback--I often wish that if people rate my freebies down, they would at least leave a comment and let me know what I did wrong so I can fix it!

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
05/18/10 12:07 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: tabbycat]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello everyone.

Although I don't need to know who submitted each rating of my contributions, I hope ShareCG is keeping track of it.  One potential problem of not keeping track is personal attacks on a member through ratings.   If I was mad at someone, could I rate each of their submissions at 0, 100 times each?  I hope not!  Also, if one person is rating all submissions of anything that competes with their submission at 0, then all of his or her ratings should be deleted from the system.

I do believe that adding a comment for the reason for any rating is a good idea, and that both the uploader, and anyone else who visits the site should be able to read them.  The low rating could have nothing to do with the actual submission, but how it is presented.  I cannot tell you how many times I have followed a link to a free 3D model, only to find out that I downloaded a texture to a model that someone sells at another web site.  I would be tempted to give it a 0 rating, no matter how good the texture was, simply because the download was a useless waste of my time.  Sometimes this deception is accidental, and the person who submitted the item to ShareCG should change the item description.  Sometimes the deception is deliberate, and anyone visiting ShareCG should be warned.

-David

Josea
(Stranger)
05/19/10 12:39 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello David.

I'm not certain, but most gallery and forum script that having polls or voting of any kind only allow one vote to each member. So it is most likely that the script used on this site would not allow one person mess up the rating of another.

:)

joequick
(Stranger)
11/02/10 05:21 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The ratings system seems to only exist to be abused. It should be eliminated.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/43329/gallery/Poser/Superman-Red-Sun-for-m4-bodysuit-the-Shapeshifter

Case in point, does it strike anyone else as odd that a non-item like this, with a downloads to views ratio like this, has 14 high starred ratings? Compare it to something that's been on site equally as long, has tons of positive comments, and a higher download to view ratio, and you'll be lucky to find something with three reviews.

It's an open secret that Ionisys was using 17 differant accounts at one point to leave positive feedback on his own work and negetive feedback on the work of others (he also had conversations with himself in the comments section about how great his products were). These comments were deleted along with the accounts when he was caught, but  I get the feeling he's doing the same thing now, he's just found a way to not get detected (maybe he didn't register all of the accounts to the same email address).

Edited by joequick on 11/02/10 06:55 PM.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/04/10 01:40 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: joequick]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi - Couple of things .. First, the way some people have been abusing the rating system is to create multiple SCG accounts and then use each to rate their own items.  We've caught this, and have actually deleted many accounts that were used this way from the system. And, we're continuing to monitor this.

Second ... The idea was floated asking us to tie the comments to the ratings.  We think this is a good idea, but can't implement this right now.  However, we are going to be implementing a system with the next week or so whereby the username/screen name of the person who rates your uploads will be listed next to your uploads in your account.  Each listing will be a link to the rater's gallery.

I hope this helps.  We'll put it out there and learn experientially.

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/12/10 03:51 PM
Re: Let us see who is rating us new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We've just added a new site feature -- the ability to see who rated you, including a link to the rater's gallery page, when he or she rated you, and what rating they gave your work. 

To learn who rated you just login to your account, click the 'my uploads' tab, and the rating information is listed next to each of your uploads.

Since we just initiated the program today (Friday, November 12th 2010) we are not displaying previous star ratings, just the rater's username/link, and when he or she rated your upload. 

We were not previously recording the rating value for each person, just the person who rated and when that person rated.  Moving forward you'll see star ratings next to each entry instead of the 'unknown' that you'll see when you look now at previous rating info.

We were asked by a number of users for this enhancement, and we listened.  Thank you!

Enjoy!

HoboBo
(Stranger)
11/13/10 04:46 AM
Re: Let us see who is rating us [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Very nice feature - thanks much!!

HoboBo

joequick
(Stranger)
11/13/10 09:19 AM
Re: Let us see who is rating us [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Has it occured to anyone that these all might be the same guy?

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=oppok

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=oppos

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=oppop

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise