ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 103416 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Daranc
(Stranger)
02/18/12 08:46 AM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... new [re: Goldenthrush]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I express myself through Google language tools
the It Pays to Share I had not understood at the outset. I thought it was for free mit online, generate a stream of advertising for the site .. (What surprised me was the request of a Paypal address??
  but I received a transfer and there was light (° _ °)
yes it is sad that this system falls. Personally I've always shared my creations for free. Being asked to do so without compensation does not encourage me to botch the job, I would say the opposite! It is my pleasure to the fact or to live or for any glory. So if the site needs to happen to this system so I can continue to offer my work I said OK. Information for Facebook went public with the result that I got out of Facebook. I have a feeling that the decay of a good idea starts with its monetization
I hope the Google translation will not change my mind about

PoisonIvy
(Stranger)
02/18/12 08:52 AM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... new [re: TheOwl68]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

To all my friends.

Its not just the piracy that has sour the good apples on this site .. but the one star raters, haters  & trolls that take well reviewed Models , Art work and Animations and down-rate them into oblivion, so the good reviews stuff gets lost and buried into the Abuss of not so good stuff.

This has discouraged me not to share my work on this site any more, for I am tired of reporting them to the Share CG Admins to have the Perpetrator removed, But unfortunately the bad rating remain leaving the work still buried

I am a front end raphic web design artist. and this kind of behavior  from these trolls has really taken a toll on my donations and contacts on this site. so I had to move stuff to other sites like renderoucity and  Digtial artzone  that have Active moderator and Ignore Buttons to stop these type users dead in their tracks, share cg offers no such tools to block these bad apple. which in my opinon is a must on sites like this maybe even IP banning offending users.

so I now only post a few graphics now and then on here. Sharecg needs a "User Content Manager"  to moderate what is uploaded on this site and who interacts with the users. There have been more than a few times a download has had viruses included in the zip file . So as a warning to  you my friend please down load into a sand box before adding your content to  your runtime file.  this would be a safty practice. if nothing else.

I think a ignore button and a team of Community volunteers as Bad faire has suggested  is a great Idea

I really enjoy this site and the contacts I have made on here. But on the other hand its not worth posting here if everything you do hampered, harassed or is Illegally to use because of copyright infringements.

Just a friendly reminder to all the artist who share their work here. Please make sure you list  your copyright Intent Information in/on your files . maybe even a include a written licenses  would be good if  you intend your work to be shared under the creative common copyright license or if it a restricted license.
making it clear what others can and can not do with your art,animations and models.

with my rate  said. 
 I want to thank all those who share their hard work with the rest of us on here.. some of us users really do appreciate  your efforts  and talents  that some of lack.
This  just saddens me to see this site being abused in such away by no talent hacks.

Sincerely

Ivy Summers

dadchamp
(Member)
02/18/12 08:57 AM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... new [re: TheOwl68]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've been here since day one and suffered the first upheaval when the cheaters thought they could prosper. I have said and have always said that having it based on screen impressions is the wrong way to do it. It should be based on downloads and then a random text code generator to enable a download could be introduced to thwart the bots that are used to artificially inflate view numbers. I'll keep posting here as it has generated a few commission jobs for me. But I won't be posting near as much as I have in the past. 

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Daranc
(Stranger)
02/18/12 11:35 AM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

A note of humor I have just read the translation of my translation I understood nothingCry

and the me who writeFoot in mouth

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
02/18/12 11:41 AM

I too am one of the original members when this site first started. After the first revenue sharing was nixed, I had the initial anger of course because of how things worked out..{sharing splits were not distributed fairly..don't even get me started} also very good ideas by members were put out there, but nothing was ever taken into consideration by the admins...and they won't take anything into consideration now either..so don't waste your time or breath.

Gradually my anger faded, and I just chalked it up to a lesson learned...I still have items here, most likely won't move a majority of them...some I will move to my own site which I haven't had the time to do anything with yet.. and will begin soon my own product lines to sell.

After discovering how the system was designed to allocate the shares, {and after tirelessly advertising for SCG back when they started,} it's no wonder there aren't alot of pennies being made here, and no wonder in these hard times people try to game the system....it's not set up for reg members to make more than the sites admins...its just not.

My advise, to myself and others,...make low cost models, textures, etc and set up a store yourself and generate your own income...give some freebies away to draw customers etc...you'll make more money that way than you would for a few hundred views you'd need to generate a couple bux here.

shaaelia
(Stranger)
02/19/12 03:23 AM

It is a shame to see that the It Pays to Share is being terminated - just as I've figured out that if I bust my butt to create and post new freebies, I can earn my 3D content via the same program.  Frankly, I don't know if my models are good enough to try and sell (as others have suggested in this thread).  It is disheartening.  I hope that the admins can come up with a different solution (there are a few good ones above! :))

Goldenthrush
(Newbie)
02/19/12 03:07 PM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... [re: Daranc]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think I understood you. ;D  

FleshForge
(Stranger)
02/20/12 04:53 PM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... new [re: Goldenthrush]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am VERY VERY HAPPY to see the ass end of this program, I always thought it was a terrible idea and wide open for abuse.  I hope it stays gone for good this time.

marcodd
(Newbie)
02/21/12 12:30 PM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... new [re: FleshForge]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Imho, it was a great idea, poorly managed.

Administrators could choose between two options:

1) Continue to share revenues with artists, and increase the staff devoted to monitoring or implement new verification mechanisms.
2) Leave everything as is, and get all revenues generated by our work.

Obviously they have chosen the solution number 2.

Crios
(Stranger)
02/22/12 12:23 AM
Re: Termination of 'It Pays to Share' Not Happy... [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This is really sad, for the fault of few troll, the most part of honest users must pay.

I hope that ShareCG Admin will change idea and policy about it.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise