ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 20431 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

kimbersue
(Stranger)
07/25/12 05:32 PM
Convert DAZ to Poser to Share? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello, I added my first shared files today and would like to also offer them as poser files. I do have Poser 2012 but still learning how to use it, mostly I use DAZ. What is the best way for me convert my files to poser so I can offer them as post file types? If I open the model in poser, where do I go from there? Or is there an easier way?

Thanks
Kimberly

Josea
(Newbie)
07/26/12 01:13 PM
Re: Convert DAZ to Poser to Share? new [re: kimbersue]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you're talking about textures, you need the original image files, Open Poser, go to material room, apply textures to object. I don't have a modern enough computer to run the lastest DAZ Studio so I might not know everything about this. Since DAZ Studio was designed to be able to open Poser files, it is often easier to distribute Poser files to be used in both systems.

I don't know if the procedure textures are compatible or not. If not you'll have to look for simular effects when converting for the other.

Sorry if I was not able to help you more.

kimbersue
(Stranger)
07/26/12 05:34 PM
Re: Convert DAZ to Poser to Share? [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That helps a lot. I figure out DAZ software and own Poser 2012 but still struggling with it.

Tempest
(Stranger)
07/28/12 04:19 AM
Re: Convert DAZ to Poser to Share? new [re: kimbersue]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have very little experience with creating Poser mats, but...

"Create Poser Mats" plugin for DS3 (I'm not sure if it works in DS4) can be useful:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/36622/Plug-in/Create-Poser-Mats

It isn't perfect and you'll probably need to adjust and re-export the mats from Poser to get them to look right, but if you've already created your DS mats in DAZ studio, the plugin will make things easier for you, not having to manually look for for the texture files in Poser.

And here's a very clear, simple tutorial on how to convert MC6 material files (at least Poser 9 only seems to export MC6 mats) to more compatible pz2 MAT poses: http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?43996-How-to-make-a-MAT-Pose-file

kimbersue
(Stranger)
07/31/12 09:08 AM
Re: Convert DAZ to Poser to Share? new [re: Tempest]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks, I will check them out.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise