ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 19536 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

cle1950
(Stranger)
08/23/13 08:58 AM
3ds files new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

When I unzip and try to open a file like Pedro's aircraft I don't get the material/textures on the aircraft. What files do I need to move or change?

Josea
(Journeyman)
08/23/13 11:09 AM
Re: 3ds files new [re: cle1950]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Are you talking about Pedro Caparros? All his models claim to be in .obj and Poser not .3ds format. Can you provide a link to which of his many aircraft models is giving you problems?

cle1950
(Stranger)
08/23/13 03:37 PM
Re: 3ds files new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, Caparros, same problem with .obj files.

Josea
(Journeyman)
08/24/13 09:30 AM
Re: 3ds files [re: cle1950]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Did Pedro include any .mtl files with the .obj files? The .mtl files tell any software that imports .obj file not only where the map files are but also what color the materials are. If no .mtl file is included then you have to define the colors yourself and test any included image maps to see if they are the ones.

What program are you using?

cle1950
(Stranger)
08/27/13 03:54 PM
Re: 3ds files new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Anim8or             

Josea
(Journeyman)
08/28/13 10:12 AM
Re: 3ds files new [re: cle1950]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's been awhile since I used Anim8or but I think that it ignores materials when importing an .obj file. I'll have to check on that, though, because I'm not sure.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise