ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 15453 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

silverbeetle
(Stranger)
03/31/15 07:12 AM
Upload category question new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have a texture for a DAZ Studio item I created that, in my ever-so-humble opinion, is good enough to share. It's basically just a .jpg file. Can I upload it just as it is, or should I put it in a zip so that it goes where it needs to go? If I can keep it as just the single file, in which category should I put it? Thanks!

bsperan
(Stranger)
05/11/15 07:03 AM
Re: Upload category question new [re: silverbeetle]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

While I don't have experience uploading to ShareCG, I can say that I've seen a number of textures for 3D models offered as a standalone download. I think putting into a Zip or similar is strongly encouraged. However, I've seen some as straight .jpg. Anyway, .jpg is already quite compressed and it's unlikely .zip could compress it much further (if at all). I would suggest, though, that if you plan to create more textures for the same model, it would be considered polite to put them together as a single download, rather than on separate pages/downloads.

As for the category: If it's a texture for a 3D model, that falls under 3D Model. Though, if it's a texture for a DAZ model, would that be considered the DAZ Model category, instead?

hypnagogia
(Stranger)
05/11/15 04:05 PM
Re: Upload category question [re: silverbeetle]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Put the jpeg into a zip folder and upload it to the "Textures" section. If its a texture for a DAZ item then  I can't seem the harm in uploading it in the DAZ section either... maybe put it in folders appropriately named for daz.

Edited by hypnagogia on 05/11/15 04:10 PM.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise