ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 53782 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/27/07 01:06 AM
Question about copyright new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

... commercial and non-commercial use.

For Example: One User her on sharecg post a texture, picture. He/she wrote this is free vor commercial and non-commercial use. Can I use this texture, picture to make an image-backdrop for Poser and can I post this here also for free? Example: the texture or picture is an *.tga-file. I must convert this in two files: in *.jpg-files and a transmap-file, also a *jpg-file. Then I lay this two pictures on a plane in Poser, save this.

My only question is: can I use this also for freestuff here? Any chance to contact this freestuff-poster to make my question to him/she?

Edited by lupadgds on 06/27/07 01:07 AM.

niEt0
(Stranger)
06/27/07 02:01 AM
Re: Question about copyright new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think the best opption is to send a private message to the owner and ask about using his/her stuff.

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/27/07 02:04 AM
Re: Question about copyright new [re: niEt0]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, this is the best way, but how can I send him a private message? I see no button.

niEt0
(Stranger)
06/27/07 02:37 AM
Re: Question about copyright new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Once you are logged in, you´ll see a "Send Private" botton on the top of this page.

"Main Index | Search | Edit Profile | Send Private | Check Private | Who's Online | FAQ"

hope this helps you. 

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/27/07 03:45 AM
Re: Question about copyright [re: niEt0]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes, I know, but if he/she never was in this forum, get he/she an email that there is a message for him/she? I got a message, but I got no email.

Jumpstartme2
(Stranger)
06/27/07 12:25 PM

Im not a copyright agent, but I do know that just because it states commercial/non-commercial, that does not mean you can take that freestuff item {in this case a picture} place that picture in a set of your own and offer it free or for sale.

My backgrounds for instance, I offer for free..commercial/non-commercial..I dont however allow redistribution of that background, by itself, or in a set of someone elses backgrounds. You can use that background in a scene..say for a Poser scene backdrop, and sell or give away that 'render'..as long as you give me credit for having supplied the background.

I have textures that I offer for free also, and you can use them in your 'rendered' images..you cant place them in a set of textures, or give them away separately...

First and foremost, check the providers readme..then if you still are not sure, ask them..if you still get nothing, then assume you 'cant' use the item as you want. 

As for this particular provider, if they have an account with SCG, you can private message them...they do have to come here in order to upload more content...If they dont answer in this forum, or rather dont check this forum, you can always ask around the various large CG sites or do some searches to see where they are a member of....Renderosity would be a good place to start searching ;) 

lupadgds
(Stranger)
06/27/07 12:59 PM
Re: Question about copyright new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Ok, you help me very much. I will see that I contact the person. Thank you for your answer.

irishlostboy
(Stranger)
07/01/07 07:01 AM

it would be considered bad form to redistribute someone elses work without permission. it is also against the agreement you click every time you upload something here. (ie. you are creator/ copyright older of the work.)

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise