ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 53718 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

fusebulb
(Stranger)
07/02/07 06:56 AM
More members = less money new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i am curious to know how SCG earns it's money do they get paid by the advertisers per view or there is a fixed monthly budget, because if there is a fixed monthly budget  then if there are more members and more views spread across then each one of us gets lesser and lesser in terms of revenue per view, can anybody throw some light on this

Alex3D
(Stranger)
07/02/07 07:42 AM
Re: More members = less money new [re: fusebulb]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't know for sure but I think you are on the right track here. SCG makes money off those banner ads you see at the top and side of the website as well as off the google text ads. The google ads they may get paid per click but the banner ads are prob generating 500-3000 dollars per month for SCG.

Again I don't know for sure but have done some research on this.

andrei313
(Stranger)
07/02/07 08:47 AM
Re: More members = less money new [re: Alex3D]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

They said in the FAQ i think that you get 50% of what they make. So if from that banner they make $3000 they will give the users $1500. Now... the users get money from the views they have that showed that banner. If SCG would have only 1 member he will get $1500 but if it has 1000 each will get aroun $1.5 considering that most have the same views... less views... a little less then 1.5... more views... a little more then 1.5... but around 1.5, not around 1500 Wink
Google doesn't really pays for views... only for clicks... So if you're lucky enough to get some clicks on you page you get a little more.

Let's hope SCG will manage to get a lot more banners like the one on the top and less people join :)

Edited by andrei313 on 07/02/07 08:48 AM.

fusebulb
(Stranger)
07/02/07 10:29 AM
Re: More members = less money [re: andrei313]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

that doesnt make sense because SCG depends on more amd more people joining and building a massive CG content base, then it will attract more hits and subsequently better or bigger advertisers but how that money is going to be distributed is still unclear, because ideally the more people join with quality stuff, it should benefit all and not vice versa, because if we want limited people to join then there is no varied content, which doesnt serve any of us

MatrixWorkz
(Stranger)
07/02/07 02:26 PM
Re: More members = less money new [re: fusebulb]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Quite frankly if you're here to get rich quick. You're not going to be happy. It's a fantastic free hosting site that actually pays you benefits for hosting your free items here, but  to expect to earn a living off of it is just a bit unrealistic at this point.

The site is fairly new. They're still in developement and learning to weed out the spam which is watering down the content here. Give it time and a boatload of patience.

Jumpstartme2
(Newbie)
07/02/07 10:21 PM
Re: More members = less money new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Exactly Matrix ;)

Given that I didnt make a thin dime off of my free items before coming here, Im very happy..and with support and patience, I really think this site will take off..it just takes time to grab a following and get known :) 

andrei313
(Stranger)
07/03/07 02:22 AM
Re: More members = less money new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yep, I agree with you guys. And with a job section (and who knows what else) I'm sure this site will help us a lot.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise