ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 360882 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
08/17/07 04:51 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yep. Exactly my thoughts. Is it a Pose if it's a MAT pose or is it a texture?!? Oiy! What a headache! It changes textures but it's a Pose. LOL! See what I mean? If it include's textures, it should fall under textures. It doesn't pose the body at all. I'll do my best to get all of mine in the right place. Cool

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Stranger)
08/17/07 05:10 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well now....everything seems to be going fine now. So glad that these issues are being addressed. It will make the site much better and everyone will have a better feel as to how to categorise.

I agree with the other posts about subscribers taking control of the "re-categorisation" process. The problem I have faced on this is the number of errors I get when trying to upload. It would take hours to redo but I am willing to try!!!

Best wishes to all subscribers and staff.

MatrixWorkz
(Journeyman)
08/17/07 07:23 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Pauline, you don't have to reupload your files to recatagorise them. There's an "Edit" link in your portfolio that you can click on and just change the catagories when the new catagories get implemented. It won't require a re-upload.

Just click the "My Account" link above and next to each of your entries you'll see a link for View and a link for edit. Click edit and then just change catagories there.. 

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

joypauline
(Stranger)
08/17/07 09:46 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks MatrixWorkz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jakehellerModerator
(Newbie)
08/17/07 10:19 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: joypauline]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Actually, we still have to implement a way to change from, say, "plug-ins" to "poser". That's a more complicated database task than it sounds, but we're currently working on it. We'll let everyone know when it's possible.

Best,

Jake 

joypauline
(Stranger)
08/18/07 12:32 AM
Re: Site Issues new [re: widaca]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Totally agree here!!!! I like the idea of rating if it is true and honest!!!!!......like you, I feel that it seems to be a system that is abused, probably because of its anonymous nature. It is fairly clear to me that someone comes along and DOWN-RATES you without any explanation. I see this as just another way in which some individuals are just using the site inapproprately. Everyone needs constructive criticism but anonymous star rating does not allow for this and, after looking around the site, some ratings seem to be out of nastiness rather than a way of helping.
Cheers

widaca
(Stranger)
08/18/07 06:24 AM

I noticed a few were missing from the upload page.So heres a list.I hope it is usefull.

OBJ (figure geometry): Geometries\(figure name)
PZ3 (Poser scene): any (user-selected location)
CM2 (Camera): libraries\camera\Camera Sets
CR2 (Character): libraries\character\(category)\(character name)
FC2 (Face): libraries\faces\(category)
HR2 (Hair): libraries\hair\(category)
HD2 (Hand): libraries\hand\(category)
LT2 (Light): libraries\light\Light Sets
PZ2 (Pose): libraries\pose\(category)
PP2 (Prop): libraries\props\(category)
MT5 (Shader): libraries\material\(category)
TIF, BMP, BUM, JPG (textures, bump maps, etc.)
MC6/MCZ (Material Collections): libraries\material\(category)

All Poser 7 files (scene, figure, pose, expression, hair, hand, prop, light, camera,
material) can be compressed. Compressed Poser 7 files have the extension *.**Z
(*.PZZ, *.CRZ, *.FCZ, etc.). Poser 7 prop files are saved with the extension P2Z to
avoid confusion with compressed scene files. If you plan to distribute files for use by artists with previous versions of Poser, please be sure to save them uncompressed.
Poser 7 supports file compression beginning with the Pro Pack add-on for Poser 4.

Edited by widaca on 08/18/07 06:27 AM.

jakehellerModerator
(Newbie)
08/18/07 10:17 AM
Re: Site Issues new [re: widaca]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Widaca,

Thanks! I'll add all those pretty soon.

Best,

Jake 

lupadgds
(Newbie)
08/19/07 11:17 PM

Hi Jake,

I have seen the new categorie "Poser". That is fine, also the categories for cams, lights and so on. But I don´t upload only one camera or one light or one pose and so on. I must make a zip-file. So please make also the categorie "other" like in the 3d-section.

Thank you.

Lupa 

jakehellerModerator
(Newbie)
08/20/07 09:02 AM
Re: Site Issues new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Lupa,

I'll add an "Other" format. However, if you're uploading a Zipped pack of Cameras, for example, it's better to select the camera format. Even if you're uploading a zipped pack with multiple formats, the best thing to do is to select the format(s) that most represent your zipped pack. That way, people can truly find what they're looking for (what's inside the ZIP).

Best,
Jake

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise