ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 360856 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Wiccan
(Stranger)
08/09/07 04:31 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Was there a problem on the site with inappropriate uploads?  As a new member here, reading this as one of my first threads was a bit surprising.

If this is meant to be informational, fine... but it feels aggressive.  Surprised

I had been using other upload centers, but after reading about this on R'osity I decided to come here.  Not for my own convenience, because I do have a premium account at Rapidshare, but for my downloaders.  As a downloader, this is a preferred, focused, site.

I own a totally unrelated vB forum, so I do know about problem peeps and problem posts.  I just kind of hope things are a bit friendlier on other areas of the forum?

I came in here hoping to read why I can't upload a PSD image?  I like to share images in PSD format for others to use as background images.... by rendering in PSD, I can allow to user to use or omit specific elements.   I also tried uploading a zip and rar with no success.

Thank you in advance. 

jakehellerModerator
(Newbie)
08/10/07 10:51 AM
Re: Site Issues [re: Wiccan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You really should be able to upload a PSD image (but please be careful that you categorize it correctly). We accept almost all formats.

For some reason, we've heard complaints of people who were trying to upload from Australia. Is that where you're from by any chance?

Best,

Jake

irishlostboy
(Stranger)
08/10/07 01:05 PM
Re: Site Issues [re: Wiccan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

"Was there a problem on the site with inappropriate uploads?"

<> isn't there always? a lot of people (myself included) have a problem with spam type uploading, the uploading of rubbish WIP stuff, unrelated stuff, or just good old "not yours to give away" stuff. everywhere gets these to some extent, but because sharecg offers pocket money for the users, people try take unfair advantage of the system. dont they always?

<><>then of course there are the "poser" people!!!! may they suffocate on their digital barbies!!!! :) lol

<> if you cant upload a file, it just might be your network giving the problem. i cant upload off my girlfriends internet. nothing to do with sharecg. good luck here.   <>
<> 

widaca
(Stranger)
08/10/07 01:05 PM
Re: Site Issues [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

How agressive do you think the lawyers of coca-cola,Philips,Tropican,etc will be if... they decide they want to make an example out of Sharecg. These are just a few of the copyright violations i have seen on this site.

Maybe there should be a "Report TOS Violation" button on each page.

The user agreement,section 6. sub-section a. paragraph 2 states...

"Submitter Revenue. Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, SHARECG will pay You fifty percent (50%) of the net revenue payable to SHARECG from the applicable Sponsors and Third Party Service Providers, less any third party affiliate acquisition fees and operation costs (PayPal charges, etc.), as a result of valid Advertising Actions generated in connection with Your Content distributed in the SHARECG Network. "

I agree.Especialy if an item is found to violate copyright. You shouldn't get paid for breaking laws.Besides Sharecg could be held liable if they pay for views generated by such item.This includes the 211 views (give or take) generater by the gerber gator .obj I posted before i read the user agreement.Nobodies perfect... but that dosn't mean we alll shouldn't strive to be.

Crap content/multiple like posts(you know who you are) I think should be considered spam and treated as such.There are other non paying sites for that kind of rubbish,balderdash, blather, bunkum, claptrap, drivel, garbage, idiocy, nonsense, piffle, poppycock, rigmarole, tomfoolery, trash, twaddle, tommyrot, applesauce, baloney, bilge, bull, bunk, crap, hooey, malarkey.

I Think this could be a great site with moderation.I will try and help do my part.

widaca

Edited by widaca on 08/10/07 01:25 PM.

jakehellerModerator
(Newbie)
08/10/07 04:38 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: widaca]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All,

Just to let you know where we are on the moderation side of things: we're getting there, but it actually takes a good deal of programming and work to set up a workable system. Our main focus right now is on a jobs section, which we feel will be very useful for our users, and that's going to be a long process.

We also have to make some important decisions about how the moderation will take shape: will everything that's uploaded need approval before going on the site? What about if moderators only decided if it was worthy of making money? Or should things immediately go on the website (people like immediacy), but go in a holding area, and are only approved after a moderator gives it the thumb up? What do you guys think?

Anyhow, yes, there will be moderation on the site, which will possibly start off with me doing it personally, but will extend to other users later. But give us some time; it's tough developing and maintaining a website!

Best,
Jake

dadchamp
(Newbie)
08/10/07 08:17 PM
Re: Site Issues new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Although, obviously, ShareCG needs to be aware of what is on their site for download, I don't think the responsibility of monitoring content should fall exclusively to them. Since we, the content providers, are the ones that abuse is going to hurt in the end (loss of the site) we need to treat this as a community effort and bring violations to the awareness of the people who run ShareCG. People who are flagrant violateors should be banned, No if ands or buts about it. People who have made a mistake should be made aware of it and allowed to correct it. A three strike system would probably best ... three strikes (violations) and you are out! I like the idea presented above for an alert button on the view pages for alerting ShareCG to potential violations. This would be a quick and easy way to identify potential problem items.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

DreamWarrior
(Stranger)
08/11/07 11:48 AM
Re: Site Issues new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree. This should be a collaborative effort. Don't think there should be an approval system, but maybe a flag system so admin's attention to an item could be drawn.

Of course, this is subject to abuse too, but maybe implementing a monitoring system for flags (again on the community's shoulders) would help. For example, one members flags an item (for whatever reason), so it goes to a flagged items space in which all flagged items are held. Other members go to that place and confirm or reject the flag (something like voting). If it gets x confirmations, goes to the admins for further action.

It's an idea, it doesn't necessarily have to be exactly like that, but I think it should be a collaborative effort between members and admins. 

Barb

raytracer
(Newbie)
08/11/07 07:22 PM
Re: Site Issues [re: DreamWarrior]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

To eliminate bias and professional and not so professional jealousy, I dont think it should be handled by the members at all. I do agree that there should be a flag system. It will work itself out since the members can be helpful but not abusive to the point wherein they just report everything, unless they want to look like they are just jealous of another artists work.

widaca
(Stranger)
08/11/07 10:58 PM
Re: Site Issues [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree with raytracer.The final decision should be an admin's.To lessen abuse you could incorporate it into the comments system.

Edited by widaca on 08/11/07 11:20 PM.

irishlostboy
(Stranger)
08/12/07 03:22 PM
Re: Site Issues [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

for my two cents worth of opinion, i think moderation should cover spam type uploads, improper submission, copyright violation, and qualitive uploads. i know, the spam-type, and qualitive aspects are a difficult call, but what other motivation apart from the desire to abuse the site for personal gain have these types of uploads? 

<>also, i would like to see the "star rating" system scrapped in favour of a "number of downloads" system. the star system is [censored], and has been used to slam my work for no apparent reason. "hey, i dont like you. have one star". said work is still in the top 20 in the 3dsmax catagory, and has been used in several big games projects. the work is technically sound and undeserving of such. i could find an awful lot of stuff with five stars, that are not worth the effort of the delete button.

this is my opinion on the subject. i am biased and hypocritical. but then who isn't?

<> 

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise