ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 124303 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
jalex417
(Stranger)
07/03/07 03:32 PM
Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Abuse Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We at ShareCG have noticed, and many community members have expressed concern about users who are abusing the system to generate additional page views by posting inappropriate material, posting their work in multiple sections when it truly belongs in only one, and potentially violating copyright protection.

Some generic examples include software that is not related to the CG community; posting a graphic in the 3d art section and then also posting it in  textures and materials; or posting minute variations on a theme, such as a slight color change that is not needed.

We are partnering with all the members of this community to make it a friendly and cooperative visiting place. We do not want to spend our time playing content cop.  We want to spend our resources improving the site and making it the best that it can be for all our visitors. 

With that said, I would like to ask you to take a close look at your contributions to insure that they are posted in the correct category, that they are useful and relevant to this specific CG community, and that your postings are not infringing anyone’s copyright protection. 

We clearly state in the FAQ, and on the upload page:

• Categorize correctly.
  • Don't post something that is inappropriate, infringes copyright, or is spam.  This could lead to a suspension of your account.

On July 20th we are going to perform a site audit to see if any of this material still resides on ShareCG, or resides in the wrong area and will take appropriate action.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you for helping us mold this site into one that really serves your needs and the needs of the CG community.

David Heller

ShareCG.com

dadchamp
(Stranger)
07/03/07 04:05 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Abuse [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you David for saying this. I would like to add that from my POV, it should not be your responsibility to police the site (not totally). That should fall to the members themselves. It is up to us to make this site the best it can be. It is up to us to point out to the powers that be what we feel could be detrimental to the site and what can be done to improve it. The people who want this place to succeed have a responsibility to your company to see that happen. What is good for you, will ultimately be good for us too.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

MatrixWorkz
(Stranger)
07/03/07 06:06 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you David. It is up to all of us to make this a fantastic site. Obviously copyright breches are the biggest thing to watch for as lawsuits could affect the entire site. Spam is next because it can cause the site to be blocked by other sites which would also affect everyone who posts freebies here. I'm glad to see it's recognised.

fusebulb
(Stranger)
07/03/07 11:07 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i have a question for jalex417 is posting multiple formats of a 3d model a spam, because i had read in the earnings tips, someone saying that to earn more you need to post multiple formats, and after posting in multiple 3d formats, i am getting more success in views, formats like 3ds, obj, max, lwo, maya, xsi, now i have multiple formats of all my models because i am basically a seller at major 3d sites, so i found it useful to put my freebees on SCG

MatrixWorkz
(Stranger)
07/03/07 11:32 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab [re: fusebulb]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't know how the admin's here feel, but I do think you should limit multiples to formats that can be used by multiple programs. What I mean is post the formats that are the most usable by all programs. 3DS, OBJ and LWO can be imported by pretty much everything that I use. The universal types are the best to post and they cut down on spam accusations. If there's a program that can't import one of those three formats and you can make a version that that program can use, then I'd say yeah add one more format for that program. Just this user's opinion.  Innocent

dadchamp
(Stranger)
07/03/07 11:56 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Or look at the formats YOU use the most and the communities that you frequent (what they use the most) and cater towards those crowds. Because those are the people who will know you, hopefully respect your work, and want what you have to offer as a freebie.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

bbolt
(Stranger)
07/04/07 11:59 AM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is there a ruling about Multi-part uploads?  I would define a multi-part upload as an upload that is
dependent on another upload.  So, if someone wanted to uploaded a 10MB file, they probably shouldn't
upload it as 10 parts.

jalex417
(Stranger)
07/05/07 10:26 AM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab [re: fusebulb]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Fusebulb and all interested -- The way the site is organized it really is optimal for users if each item (in this case model) is listed separately by format rather than bundled into one that contains multiple format versions.  If it is bundled users won't be able to find the item by the format type that they need.  Not bundling is also better for contributors and the site since it will generate additional page views.  Please don't bundle as this defeats the purpose of the pull down menu search by format functionality.

marcodd
(Stranger)
07/05/07 12:01 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Abuse [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi to all,

i think there is a simple solution (imho) to stop abuse and spamming:

ShareCG should pay users for every item download, not for page views, this could lead people to post only quality stuff, and spammers to stop abusing the site.

(sorry for bad english, i hope you can understand...)

MatrixWorkz
(Stranger)
07/05/07 01:58 PM
Re: Important: to All ShareCG Members - Re Site Ab new [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Your english was perfect and I think the idea is good too!  Laughing

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise