ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 360867 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
tping
(Stranger)
07/03/07 06:19 PM
Site Issues Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

There is an obvious need for a "content cop" on this site. Copyright infringement is not a "minor" issue, ask Kator Legaz who ran a Blender specific model site. He incurred legal ramifications because of issues like those occurring here on this site. The site owner is held ultimately responsible for what is on the site.

Now I'm about to annoy a few people.

First, stop whining and crying that, "little Johnny gets more than me".

Second, stop being greedy. You are getting paid for things you are giving away. If you want to make a living at CG then become a professional, as in: find or create a job related to CG. This is a good place to make a little extra to pay for your HOBBY.

Third, stop complaining about new people joining the site. Weren't you new here once? (see points 1 & 2)

Fourth, stop uploading tons o' crap!

Fifth, bundle like items. The upload page provides for 4 thumbnail views so........ if you have 8 tile textures, make 2 zip files of 4 tiles each. Then people can see what the zip file contains and it stops excessive clutter. But... people won't...I won't get....Shh! Review points 1 - 4.  

Sixth, if you only need 1 item of a group, then after download use your CTRL+LMB to select, then DEL those files you don't want. A week later whack yourself on the forehead for not archiving the zip file containing the "useless" textures you suddenly had an inspiration concerning. Remember we are talking about FREE downloads here.

Seventh, start behaving like mature responsible adults. Don't lie, steal, cheat, etc.

Eighth, anyone offended by the preceding general observations needs to stop and take a serious look at themselves and their motivations. Anything in the preceeding statements that bothers you personally should stay between you and your conscience.

I don't usually vent but the issues here are ridiculous in a forum of adults! I left Junior High a long time ago and I have no desire be embroiled in that sort of mentality again. I joined because I had heard good things about the site and the people here....today's venture into the forums has me wondering.

I hope my viewpoint doesn't get me banned but if it does.....accepting the consequences of a decided course of action is part of being an adult.

MatrixWorkz
(Stranger)
07/03/07 07:26 PM
Re: Site Issues [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I Love you!  Laughing  Hear! Hear! for Maturity! Wink

equan
(Stranger)
07/05/07 06:38 AM
Re: Site Issues [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi. This is my first time here and my first upload to this site. I was having reservations about coming here, but people at Renderosity suggested it, so here I am. I certainly do not want to impose on anyone, nor violate any of the rules here. I would love to see this site grow to be all it can be. I agree you should not have to become content police. Writing this message to keep people imformed was vital, and important. I thank you for this posting.

brainstew
(Stranger)
07/06/07 10:44 AM
Re: Site Issues [re: tping]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think that these few paragraphs say it all... I agree completely. Thank you for posting this!! 

pixel
(Stranger)
07/08/07 02:41 AM

Thank you tping for these observations. You certainly won't get banned for this constructive post.

I think a moderation of the upload is really important if we want to keep the quality of this site high enough (wich is not obviously the case today) I've "freezed" my account (no more upload) one week ago and I wait to see how the situation will evolve. If it's in the bad way, I'll remove all my free quality models cuz I don't want being associated with such crap content.

pixel
(Stranger)
07/08/07 10:42 AM
Re: Site Issues [re: pixel]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I saw today a guy posting 3 times the same file in 3 different categories. This is flooding the site (with a crappy texture, actually)

I think the uploads should be seriously MODERATED, otherwise the site will run into the wall, and great content (like I try to upload) will leave the site.

irishlostboy
(Stranger)
07/19/07 11:12 AM

yes, everything said here is good, and valid. yes, this site need some serious policing and moderation. any volounteers? moderation takes time. i am sure if people has the time, they will be offered moderation positions, and hopefully sharecg will become a useful and valued community/utility. ultimately, a tighter format of submission is needed. look at the submission procedure of deviantart, or more relevant, turbosquid.
secondly, it would probably be an idea to "correct" those who abuse copyright. if you see stuff up that you know the posters dont have copyrights for, report them to jacob. its for the best of all concerned.

vkirchner
(Stranger)
08/01/07 11:40 AM
Re: Site Issues new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

irishlostboy,

I nominated you in a secret election. you didn't get the results yet?   Laughing

jalex417
(Stranger)
08/01/07 05:06 PM
Re: Site Issues [re: vkirchner]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All ... Jacob will be back next week and will be working the forum to resolve these issues etc. 

Also, please take a look at the Forum's Annoucements section for photos of Jake and I ... we'll be attending Siggraph next week and hope to meet you at the show!

irishlostboy
(Stranger)
08/09/07 11:45 AM
Re: Site Issues new [re: vkirchner]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

secret election vkirchner? sounds scary!!! should i start locking my door at night?  ve haf vays off makkingk you tok!!!!!

ihave had no news of any secret elections though, although i thank you for voting for me  (unless it involves probing) lol 

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise