ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 283896 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Varnayrah
(Stranger)
10/11/07 05:22 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think ReRos reaction is right... though it may be an inconvenience for those of us who try to make their stuff decently and bundle as much as they can, I think these thousands and thousands of single (just to give an example) Textures for the Multiplane Cyclorama and things like that are a far far bigger inconvenience. Whenever I opened ReRo's freepozitors the last weeks I stumbled about that flood of single items. So if those providers are now forced to bundle their textures that's really a good thing

(it would be even better if that upload- time-out-error thing could be fixed wich forces me to limit all my files to 20 Mb here, but that's another case ;)) 

angelaandreoli
(Stranger)
10/11/07 10:30 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: Varnayrah]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

okie dokie....all this talk about multiple uploads of the same thing,and mulitplane textures made me do some research.

in order to upload something onto sharecg it has to be your own work or you have to have permission to use it. i have two very spacific questions....

1.are you allowed to go to a royalty free site and take pictures from there and post them as backgrounds?

people are doing this and in the details of the upload they say "based on a photo from" blah blah blah. but i went to the site and its the same pictures.

2.NOT THAT I WOULD EVER DO THIS.....are you allowed to,since these pictures are royalty free,post the same pictures as someone else.

for example,and again i would never do this,but lets just say for a moment,i go to the same royalty free site and take the same pictures without realizing and posted them on here.

here is my first complaint in the forums.....i do not think that this should be allowed.and i think that people who are doing that should be ashamed.for one,there was absolutely no work put into that and they shouldnt be paid for that.just my opinion and second i think its just cheap and a crappy thing to do.

in conclusion,being a person who posts textures,since i dont have a modeling program,anyone can look at my stuff and see that alot of work goes into doing them and presenting them and i always bundle the stuff that i make.its common sense and it looks nice.

Varnayrah
(Stranger)
10/11/07 10:49 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You're perfectly right, of course. Just taking a photo from somewhere and posting that as Background - people doing that should be ashamed of themself. Yes, I have two packages with backgrounds in my portfolio, yes, they are photos, but my own, taken by myself, and bundled...nothing against nice background photos but bundling them and taking ones own photos should be the least!

And nothing against good, nice texture sets, why not - not everybody can make models, and textures for popular clothing sets are allways welcome. But then, I don't think anyone here would complain against decently crafted texture sets. I think it's that flood of (for example) single textures for the multiplane cyclorama (in fact consisting of one .jpg-file) or things like that. In my opinion that's just disgusting, sorry if anyone is offended.

Panthia
(Stranger)
10/11/07 11:31 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! [re: Varnayrah]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Personally, I'm happy with Renderosity finally limiting the uploads......It was getting ridiculous to go to the Free Section and have to go thru pages of single cyclo crap to find the one - three decent uploads for the day before. 

My question is this.....wonder if the person uploading all the cyclo single packs ever comes into the forums here and reads posts like this one? 

HoboBo
(Stranger)
10/11/07 01:15 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

For your information - I asked and got permission to use their photos for Cyclorama

textures - as long as I mention their web-site.

Also, I don´t post the photos as they are - I remake them to fit DAZ Cyclorama.

-Bo 

HoboBo

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/11/07 01:30 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you have proof that someone is uploading stuff from another royalty free site. PLEASE! Click on the "Report Inappropriate Material" link for those items with information on where they came from so that they can be pulled from the site.

Royalty Free does NOT = Permission to redistribute as your own work.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

adp__
(Stranger)
10/11/07 01:34 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Did you ask for permissions to spam other sites with their photos?

And why do you ignore the fact that allmost nobody needs nor wants what you offer?

angelaandreoli
(Stranger)
10/11/07 03:39 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

oh good lord....i did not mean to put anyone in an uproar.and i wasnt saying that it was you spacificly.matter of fact i didnt even know that you yourself had cyclorama stuff. i only posted what i posted because i had two questions.

edited.....

on the other hand,if the art section had a download button,would everyone be excpected to bundle their art? a picture is a picture if its a background or a texture or what have you.a single file is a single file.

Edited by angelaandreoli on 10/11/07 03:59 PM.

Kimber89
(Stranger)
10/11/07 03:42 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That's a bit harsh adp_.....if people didn't want/need his cyclo textures then he wouldn't be getting hits. I remember when I first got the Daz Cyclorama and went hunting for textures for it, so he is welcome to do so. If he has gained permission to use stock photos & redistribute then he can promote his offerings. 

I'm glad he is now doing bundles, thank you very much HoboBo for doing so. :)

HoboBo
(Stranger)
10/11/07 03:48 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Kimber89,

Thanks a lot for being the first one who understands me!

-Bo

HoboBo

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise