ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 281982 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/09/07 10:05 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It may not be Renderosity's official view that the abuser's are affecting the reputation of ShareCG, but Renderosity is not the only site I see people complaining about the ShareCG spam on. When people start suggesting Freebies from this site be banned. It's the site that get's the blame.

Unfortunately it's the site being condemned 9 times out of 10 and not just the users who abuse the system. I'm going on what I've read at the sites and folks are blaming ShareCG for offering a pay incentive which is being abused and causing spam. Just my 2 cents.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
10/09/07 11:45 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

@Angela,

Yes, for the week it will amount to 21 uploads, and 7 approvals. If you upload more than 3 per 24 hrs tho, anything over that 3 will be deleted, and you will have to re-upload those items.

@Matrix

Yes, I totally understand. I don't like the fact that users are suggesting banning freebies 'or' providers who use SCG to host their items on...I can say that its not going to happen on Rendo tho..there are no plans on banning items hosted here, nor banning providers who use SCG to host their items. 

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/09/07 11:57 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's good to know that you're the one approving stuff at Rendo. I just worry about other site with less patient mods.

adp__
(Stranger)
10/10/07 06:05 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ShareCG isn't  innocent :) The Poser upload page says: "Upload lots of stuff". This sounds like an invitation to me.

dadchamp
(Journeyman)
10/10/07 06:35 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think the word 'stuff' should be replaced with 'quality items'.

I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/10/07 08:51 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't think it's ShareCG's fault that people abuse the system. It should go without saying that the site wants quality items. It is a business site after all and crap doesn't pull in the good advertisers or customers. Could that Poser upload page be worded better? Probably. It wouldn't stop people who are going to abuse the system though. That's going to take some direct intervention which I do believe they're doing now.

vkirchner
(Stranger)
10/10/07 09:03 AM

Sad to say that not all people are interested in uploading quality items, such as mass generated abstract images of God knows what made from a simple graphics program.  Maybe there is a use for this type of image, but I do not have one.  I do not fault them for uploading, just please bundle them so they are not obtrusive.  Jumpstartme2 has been a help like many others at Rendo and other sites, they know that we all benefit from sharing of our skills and talents.  The limit that Rendo talks about will just take a little more planning around work schedules and such, possibly they would allow us to base this on a monthly quota instead of a daily, which would allow some of us with erratic schedules (darn customers) to upload with a more flexible timeframe.

Smile 

adp__
(Stranger)
10/10/07 09:09 AM

Hope it is only a missunderstanding. I didn't say it's somebodies fault. Perhaps it's just a bit too mutch believe in well behaving users ;)

Anyway. Whatever Rendo or shareCG did: Seems it works. So just changing a wording that could be missunderstood as an invitation for new users may help avoiding the next spam-attack. It's a very "cheap" action.

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/10/07 11:57 AM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Sorry but when you said ShareCG wasn't "Innocent" that implies guilt or fault. I see english isn't your main language though, so I obviously didn't get your true meaning.

adp__
(Stranger)
10/10/07 01:00 PM
Re: The Spam Backlash has begun! new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Sorry, you are right, english is not my first language. But I hope anything is fine now. Thanks for your understanding.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise