ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 111563 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
adp__
(Stranger)
10/15/07 07:01 AM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Business model of this site is to generate views, not downloads.

So the sites owners aren't mutch interested in *why* someone looks on a page. This is fine - for the shorthand.

"No, I don't use this site anymore - there is so mutch useless content that I have no chance to find what I'm looking for. Buying is faster and often - just cheaper than 'free'".

At least for the long run quality becomes important. Especially if this business model is successfull. Because others, maybe with a better knowledge about marketing, will try the same model.

There are allready a lot of sites with free content. Not sure if any other site shares earnings with the content creators. But this is only a small step for most of them.

marcodd
(Stranger)
10/15/07 08:14 AM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

English is not my first language, so i hope i correctly understand what you are meaning.
I know, the site earning is based on views, but who wants to visit a site where there are some good (and in certain cases very good, like yours...) contents lost in a sea of bad ones?
Even advertisers, i guess, are not very attracted by this situation, and infact user earnings are every month lower and lower.
Paying for downloads, imho, could eliminate the spammers (no downloads -> no earning -> no motivation to post low quality contents) and increase the site appealing.
For art and video contents, which cannot be downloaded, should be sufficient to show a resized preview (for images) or a single frame (for videos), and give the user the possibility to view the entire content, which should count as a download.

adp__
(Stranger)
10/15/07 08:45 AM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The business model is very fine and innovative. Views *are* the point.

There are more effective methods to prevent spam and to low quality popping up into the "pool position".

Based on the business model ShareCG is highly interest in volumn. An important figure (number of pages) grows to slow if mass upload isn't allowed or constrained.

The challenge is to find a small way in-between.  

But - we'll see. ;)

classylady
(Stranger)
10/15/07 08:55 PM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If it is a regular photo or a background some one made themselves then no it doesn't belong in Poser, however if someone makes a background for cyclorama then it should go into poser basing this on cyclorama being for poser or Daz Studio or any that would be for say Daz Environmirents or RNDA Infinity Cove those are basically for poser...Laughing am I right or wrong ??

I don't know if this is the place to ask this question maybe someone can direct me to correct forum, but is there a limit on how many items you can upload per 24 hours ?? I see tons for Clother  the first day I believe was close to 5 pages , I have noticed less each day being uploaded but that puts what I posted the same day way out of eye sight.  Guess that's the breaks.Surprised but I am surprised if there is not a logical limit. Something to think about.

classylady/Carolyn

classylady
(Stranger)
10/20/07 07:13 AM
Re: Poser Background Spam new [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Actually a full images can be used in Amphi  any photograph can be used no different if its 2dart background or if its for cyclorama of Infinity cove. Some of us use these a lot and any time anyone can get these darn rights I am.

My biggest problem at the moment is the tons of zew3d's clothierM items being uploaded at one time 3 to 5 pages to me it is an abuse or what some  would call spamming.

Course I don't even know why I bother to post anything  I have in 2 or 3 other forums no one has answered just started another thread now thats just rude. 

Isn't that what forums are for to ask questions and get answers.Foot in mouth Okay since I seem to be  sticking my foot in my mouth I won't post any questions here again or reply to any answers, no need for me too since I only upload tops once a month if that. I am not here to make money I am here only to share with no ties.

classylady/Carolyn

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise