ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 250057 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
classylady
(Stranger)
10/20/07 04:21 PM
Why is nudity allowed in thumbs Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

http://www.sharecg.com/v/16982/poser/A3-Outfit

I don't have a problem with it but I'll bet others do. there should be some kind of warning.???????Cool

Also I checked out a texture tutorial and it lead me straight to a nude image now textures or  tutorial.

classylady/Carolyn

adp__
(Newbie)
10/20/07 04:51 PM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

What is wrong with this? It's 2007, time to accept that the biggest part of the world has no problem with naked humans. My private meaning: If someone has a problem with artistic nudity this someone should visit a psychiater. ASAP.

Kimber89
(Stranger)
10/20/07 05:10 PM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs [re: classylady]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I was a bit put off by that as well classylady.

There should be mature content warnings & some thumbnail guidelines put in place.

While I have no major problems with nudity, this is an American site that's under American laws/jurisdiction & therefore ShareCG will have to comply with US restrictions or face a lawsuit. The international members will just have to deal with that fact.

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/20/07 06:08 PM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Lawsuit for what? Nudity isn't against any US internet Laws that I know of. Nudity does not equal P.o.r.n. for cryin' out loud! But apparently that word is censored here.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Kimber89
(Stranger)
10/20/07 06:20 PM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Heh, we're talking about the USA, people here sue over anything & everything. All it takes is for someone to be morally offended or catch their kiddies on the internet seeing a boob or two to get the court ball rolling.....things that seem trivial in other countries are or can be a big deal here.

In any case, mature content filters would be a good idea as many view from work & the ever protective parents trying to keep their kiddies from seeing a big boobed nude Vicky all nipped out.....:/

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/20/07 07:00 PM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I repeat. There are no laws against internet nudity in the USA.  People sue for spilling hot McDonalds coffee in their own laps here. That doesn't make hot coffee illegal though.

That being said, I don't have anything against a nudity filter being implemented here. The problem is people will still turn that flag off just like they do over at Renderosity and still get offended because of the results of their own actions. 

Kimber89
(Stranger)
10/20/07 07:13 PM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

And your point about the coffee? No laws against hot coffee either & that lawsuit caused McDees to post hot coffee warnings so they wouldn't be sued again. :/

Just because there are no laws doesn't mean someone won't take the issue to court, that's how most laws come into being anyway. 

Other 3D sites such as Daz & Rendo cover their butts (so to speak) with the nudity issue to prevent possible lawsuits. Daz allows no nudity in their store & gallery, Rendo has filters, thumb requirements, & child/child-like appearance nudity is forbidden.

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
10/20/07 07:50 PM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

My point is people will sue for anything even if it was caused by their own actions or stupidity. You can only do so much to protect yourself from other peoples actions and still you can get sued. The only absolute protection against being sued is to stay in your own house and do nothing in public. I used the McDee's example because it's a perfect example of someone doing something stupid and suing over it.

I mean, come on! Have you read some of the warning labels in America lately? Warning labels on electronics saying don't use this item in the shower because it might cause electrocution? How stupid do you have to be to need that warning? There are whole websites dedicated to stupid warning labels.

In anycase, I already said I don't have a problem with filters being implemented. I just don't think it'll stop people from finding offense from something on the website.

That's not the only problem I see with starting down the filter path. Once you add a filter like Renderosity and DAZ have added, then you have to get into the whole "What constitutes Nudity" argument!

There's not a week that goes by that someone at Renderosity finds a new nipple showing through a clothing item that's semi-tranparent or revealing or uses a displacement map that shows the outline of the nipple and people get bent out of shape. Rendo now wants you to flag items for nudity if it looks like there's the appearance of pubic hair showing sticking out from an article of clothing, even if that's not what it is. Where does it stop?

Kimber89
(Stranger)
10/20/07 08:11 PM

I do understand what you're saying Matrix, I do & I also think Rendo has taken it to the extreme....like really ridiculusly extreme. >_<

Nude is nude to me, no clothes like the day you were born. LOL 

That's where the definition should end at being naked, not nips poking through a bikini top or camel-toe. Going that far is just plain stupid & paranoid. 

classylady
(Stranger)
10/21/07 12:18 AM
Re: Why is nudity allowed in thumbs [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I just asked a simple question I don't have a problem with it, yet what if I had my grandkids here and one happened to be looking over my shoulder when viewing an item, or the young mothers here say one of their small children just happened by the monitor.

Here in the states Kimber and others are right they sue over anything you don't have to have a reason, I only brought it up to help the site from becoming another possible victim. There are nudity and violence warnings on 95% of all sites  Geesh the world may not see anything wrong with it but it only takes one child seeing some of these thumbs to cause problems. I brought it up only to help protect the site.  No other reason.  It maybe acceptable in other countries but you have to have some type of guidelines being this site is in the USA legal  or not that isn't the point. The point is  where does one draw the line, actually this should be common sense and common courtesty to others from each member when posting a thumb. very simple don't you think. or when they upload an image simply don't post a thumb nail.

regardless of legalities has nothing to do with my question, like I said before, it doesn't bother me but it only takes 1 person  posting nudity then when some others see it , it'll end up with more and more and more if you don't want to protect this site thats your business.  Yet as time goes on it will happen.  So since this site is young yet don't you think it would be best to implement something. I don't have the answer just thought someone in the higher ups may take it as food for thought.

Nothing more, nothing less

classylady

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise