ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 44859 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

threedgraphics
(Stranger)
11/03/07 09:03 AM
Looking for a screen cap software that will.... Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hey folks, I am looking for an automated screen capture software (yeah you guessed it free) that will (once started) take screen caps of the screen at what ever inteval that I set up, you know like every minute or something.  I want to create tutorials for editing together affter, and also so I do nto have to keep pressing the Print Screen key every two monutes when I am wrting a tutorial for the eZine.

T.  I do need/ want a video capture, but standard imagtes would be ok. 

adp__
(Newbie)
11/03/07 10:08 AM
Re: Looking for a screen cap software that will... new [re: threedgraphics]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Here is one. Generates AVI files.

browndog1978
(Stranger)
11/04/07 06:30 AM
Re: Looking for a screen cap software that will... new [re: threedgraphics]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Google is your friend. Just search for "screen capture"

threedgraphics
(Stranger)
11/04/07 07:53 AM
Re: Looking for a screen cap software that will... new [re: browndog1978]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Everything that I have found is avi for continuous saving of images, I need one that will say take a snap every 30 seconds or something

webwyvern
(Stranger)
11/04/07 02:29 PM

Hey there. The best software (free) that I found for doing what you want is Wink by Debugmode ( http://www.debugmode.com/wink/ ).

Just setup your capture rate and when it is finished, do an export to html. This will export each image into a folder for you in any image format you select.

Problem I found with Wink is that it doesn't store the images temporarily so it can quickly fill up your Ram. A 10 minute video is about all I could get when I was using it for video tutorials. But that was capturing 2 frames each second. I'm sure what you are wanting it for will do much better.

If you want a great video tutorial software, I use Bulent's Screen Recorder 4. The whole package (Movie Lab, Movie Studio, Image Lab, and Recorder) goes for $90 USD. It works fantastic! You can watch my latest video tutorial (Importing A Poser Figure Into Hexagon) using it at my website - www.artandprose.com

Hope those help. Good luck.

chaspo
(Stranger)
11/04/07 02:49 PM
Re: Looking for a screen cap software that will... new [re: webwyvern]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I use Irfanview, free, image viewer, filter application and great screen capture with interval settings.

http://www.irfanview.com/

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise