ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 336800 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
adp__
(Journeyman)
11/12/07 04:22 AM
Re: Unfair earnings split new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Sometimes I see localized ads too (german).

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
11/12/07 02:24 PM
Re: Unfair earnings split new [re: Beatrice]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Jake only said that some, not all, of the advertisers only pay for American traffic. It depends on the advertisers of course. Obviously Google is worldwide so their ad's are worldwide. I'm sure their code recognises where the views are coming from and shows the appropriate ads based on your IP source.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Beatrice
(Stranger)
11/12/07 03:37 PM
Re: Unfair earnings split new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I understand that but I was a little disturbed to see a  bias starting to rear its head a little against non american uploaders and questioning if they should be getting paid and I did not like to see it.

adp__
(Journeyman)
11/12/07 04:00 PM
Re: Unfair earnings split new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Adserver wasn't Google but Tribal. An US company with a localized page behind the ad (games), for example.

Apparently some US-companies checked that this internet has no real borders. So be patient with us non-US people :)
(just kidding). 

For "virtual goods" a company shouldn't care where buyers are located. To deliver a fridge or a car to a customer on the other end of the world is a bit more difficult.

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
11/12/07 05:55 PM

The only bias was my own and it involved much more than the lack of revenue from international viewers. I won't go into it, but there's no bias from the site owners here who's opinions are the only opinions you really need to worry about. Innocent

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

raytracer
(Journeyman)
11/15/07 06:32 PM
Re: Unfair earnings split new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

adp__
(Journeyman)
11/16/07 04:36 AM
Re: Unfair earnings split new [re: raytracer]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Fine! If you are Japanese. If not, the adserver did a bad job.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise