ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 110501 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
11/05/07 10:05 PM
hallowwen contest that is closed new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i am aware the runners up do not recieve a prize, befor the contest was closed i had mentioned a few times in the forums about multiple uploads and if they were allowed. no one who runs sharecg ever answered my question. if more than one upload was allowed i would have done so. i was under the impression that if you upload more than one picture to the halloween contest you will be automaticly disqualified. one of the people who was picked for a runner up had entered more than one picture......

i think that rules are rules.and they should be followed. i dont feel that the contest was fair. this is me speaking for myself.

marcodd
(Stranger)
11/06/07 10:34 AM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree completely with you, Angela (are you italian?).

They make rules, they reward who brake them. Very good.

The contest is not the only example...

Edited by marcodd on 11/06/07 10:36 AM.

Lobsterhead
(Stranger)
11/06/07 11:24 AM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I noticed that as well (the multiple uploads)

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
11/06/07 12:01 PM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed new [re: Lobsterhead]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

One of the winners had multiple uploads, which we had a debate about. The truth was, though, that he only uploaded two of really the same upload: an image and the same image zoomed in. It didn't change his chances of winning; we liked both equally, so we decided that it would be OK.

I apologize for not clearing this up, but the answer was technically no:  we would not accept multiple uploads.

-Jake 

angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
11/06/07 12:51 PM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i was going to send this a s a reply to an email i got today but instead i am putting it here....

when i first joined sharecg,i made sure to read all of the rules very carfully so that my account wouldnt be deleted. i didnt want to do anything that wasnt allowed. in the past few months i have realized that rules on this site arent exactly rules if you break them just a little bit. i am probably going to get in trouble for posting my own opinion here but i dont care. someone has to say something,and if it means i get in trouble for it then fine,let it be me.

this doesnt only apply to the contest but other areas as well.a rule is placed and then no one gets in trouble for bending that rule as long as it wasnt done in big way.

i know i am not the only one on sharecg that has noticed this. it gets confusing and aggravating for people who follow the rules in every area of the site when we see that not everyone is doing the same. why make a rule if it doesnt need to be followed.

angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
11/06/07 12:55 PM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed new [re: marcodd]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

lol yes i am italian. my last name gives that away huh. lol my last name rhymes with Ravioli.....lmao which was actually my nick name when i was in school.

Edited by angelaandreoli on 11/06/07 12:56 PM.

MatrixWorkz
(Member)
11/06/07 01:13 PM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Actually Martindediego had SEVEN entries! 4 on page 2 and 3 more on Page 4. I find the changing of the rules without letting people know to be extremely poor form. The rules explicitly stated:

Rules

Only 1 entry per person! The work must be original, yours, and made specifically for this ShareCG competition. If we find it anywhere else or by anyone else, we will automatically disqualify you.

If you changed your mind about it the rules should have been changed for everyone allowing multiple uploads and entries. I won't enter another contest here if the rules can't be abided by by all. 

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

jakehellerModerator
(Journeyman)
11/06/07 01:15 PM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I was not aware he had that many entries--that was an oversight. The fact that he had two--which were essentially one--would've been one thing, but this is something else. We may have to reconsider.

Thanks for checking up on this. 

-Jake 

marcodd
(Stranger)
11/06/07 03:17 PM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Bè, in effetti il tuo nome è abbastanza indicativo... Wink

marcodd
(Stranger)
11/06/07 03:22 PM
Re: hallowwen contest that is closed new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This is so funny!

What a great check they have done... Foot in mouth ...mhhh.. better to stop talking...

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise