ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 51021 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
11/14/07 01:10 AM
Members still cannot reach SCG new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have a member over at Renderosity who is still unable to access the site at all, either thru EI or FF...is there anything that can be done?

Also, I have tried to send a PM to Jake with the members info, but there was some kind of odd error when I tried to send it, so I don't know if it went or not. :( 

Could Jake or David PM me please?

Thanks!

~Jani 

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
11/15/07 10:51 AM
Re: Members still cannot reach SCG new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

27 views and still no answer??

jakehellerModerator
(Member)
11/15/07 11:38 AM
Re: Members still cannot reach SCG new [re: Jumpstartme2]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We're really at a loss here. Of course, we can always access our website. As long as we can't replicate the problem, get an error message from those users, or perhaps a more detailed explanation of exactly what happens, then we really just can't know :-/

-Jake

joypauline
(Journeyman)
11/15/07 01:46 PM

Hi Jumpstartme2

It is clear that some Rendo members cannot make a connection to the site. I uploaded a small freebie earlier today....the only link that I have to ShareCG is from Rendo. Thers is a discrepancy in the download numbers between the two sites. More downloads recorded at rendo than here at ShareCG. I have been mailed re this issue and told that the download link just times out. This appears to be an issue for some....but clearly not all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jumpstartme2
(Journeyman)
11/16/07 10:29 AM
Re: Members still cannot reach SCG [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Jake,

Like I said in my first post, I tried to PM you with the members info, but there was some kind of weird error, and I dont know if it sent to you or not...

Is there an email that I can give this member, and let him talk to you about it? He can't get in over here to post about it, and I don't want to put his personal info out there in the open forums :)

Thanks!

@Joy, thanks for the info, I'll try your dl over at Rendo and see if it times out for me as well...I have seen some browser issues and ISP's that cause that...for whatever reason the connection just quits.

adp__
(Journeyman)
11/17/07 08:57 AM

"I have a member over at Renderosity who is still unable to access the site at all, either thru EI or FF...is there anything that can be done?"

2 companies I work with aren't able to access ShareCG, too. The reason: They are using a "Web-Protector". Trubial Fusion Inc. is named in a list of "adservers/spammers" (http://www.bluetack.co.uk). This list is used from various utilities/apps, because the list is delivered in plain ASCII.

If ShareCG is called from a browser, one of the first things the browser does is to load a javascript from Tribal Fusions server. The browser hangs if this fails.

jakehellerModerator
(Member)
11/17/07 12:59 PM
Re: Members still cannot reach SCG new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks for letting us know adp, and for doing that sort of research. That's really insane! TribalFusion is one of the largest web advertisers on the net; there would be so many websites that these people would not be able to reach; I wonder why our's is the one that doesn't work. We'll have to figure out some sort of work-around.

-Jake

adp__
(Journeyman)
11/17/07 08:06 PM
Re: Members still cannot reach SCG new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

"TribalFusion is one of the largest web advertisers on the net; there would be so many websites that these people would not be able to reach; I wonder why our's is the one that doesn't work."

Mayby it's how you handle the calls to Tribals server.

Just make sure Tribal is called after ShareCG's content is displayed. Or display tribals ads in one or more seperate frames/iframes. This is also known as poor mans web-multitasking, works in any modern browser and is also defined in XHTML (see W3.org).

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise