ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 1145474 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
TheKeeper
(Stranger)
01/08/08 03:30 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: Stepdad]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Stepdad: "The lemmings... look.. there starting a stampede"

"Oh Dear Lord, that's no stampede, it's an all out attack..  run for your lives!!"

Lol..

rofl! Would an "Oops, sorry about that!" make up for any damages?

Stepdad
(Newbie)
01/08/08 06:07 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: TheKeeper]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Nahh..no need.  It' s like the running of the bulls in Pamplona, if your dumb enough to get caught on the wrong side of the fence you get what you deserve.. lol..

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/08/08 07:00 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Let's just look at something shall we? Here's my earnings history of clicks and payout rates since I joined.

Month            Views    RatePerView
Jun. 2007      1056      0.00526
Jul. 2007        3336     0.00539
Aug. 2007      3760     0.00520
Sep. 2007      8810     0.00463
Oct. 2007     14009     0.00343
Nov. 2007    12320     0.00331
Dec. 2007    10658     0.00310

In the seven months I've been here. The payout rate has been in a nose dive with only one month where it perked up just a smidge. This was only going to get worse as the site continued to grow under the current revenue sharing plan. Better that they stopped the hemoraging now in the hope of saving the leg than to wait til gangreen sets in!Sealed

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

irishlostboy
(Journeyman)
01/09/08 02:36 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

in theory though, the drop in our revenue is not reflected in the drop in sharecg's revenue. in fact, with the increased profile of sharecg, the oposite is probably the case.

thanks panthia for the kiss. :) you can never get enough of them. as re; not saying what you thought i would say..... well this is a serious thread, i will save my slagging of poser heads for entertainment. :) nothing like mindless abuse to cheer me up.

re; the "look at the lemmings run" comments and their like, they are not really constructive. maybe it would suit some people to stay here in a sea of abandoned detritus, which is a possible end result of this rash and previously undiscussed move. i dont think you can say you are building a community and then act like a dictator and not even consult the members of the said comunity before making such a move. 

http://irishlostboy.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/irishlostboy

Stepdad
(Newbie)
01/09/08 05:14 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: irishlostboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Irishboy, since I'm the one who started the lemmings thing I think a point of clarification is in order.

It was a comment made to another poster about sharecg deleting material from there content database.  Since we had heard nothing of the sort I merely commented to them that we had heard nothing about sharecg deleting anything.

The poster had commented back to me about how grateful they were that such was not the case, said something I found amusing and then the lemmings joke got started.  It wasn't directed at anyone, nor was it meant to categorize those vendors who've decided or who are thinking about leaving sharecg as "lemmings", indeed nothing could be further from the truth.

It had nothing to do with vendors who were thinking about leaving, it was a joke intended for that one poster about starting a panic over people thinking there items were going to be deleted, nothing more, nothing less.

So you and anyone else who might have been offended have my deepest apologies, but rest assured that no offense was intended and nothing personal was meant by the lemmings comments.  It had nothing to do with vendors who might decide to leave Sharecg for greener pastures.

sissywoods
(Stranger)
01/09/08 08:33 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: Stepdad]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

@Kimber, thanks, yes we were thinking along the same lines.. lol.. your work is awesome and I know a lot of people have benefited from the freebies you've shared.
@Panthia, thanks so much for your feedback, it is helpful and appreciated so much. I hope you find the tubes useful.
Thanks for the positive comments brainstew and dadchamp.

Please forgive my outburst/venting.. I know better. I usually take things with a grain of salt, but I tend to be passionate about my work (aren't we all..).

I ran across this site time and time again coming here from freebie links. When I saw all the content from so many different programs and artists, the no-hassle ease to download, the positive encompassing sense of 'community', and seeing the stats/numbers of all the visitors, I thought, 'how cool is this!!'. (* I mention this to give a sense of the original potential of this site's impact for myself and possibly for others)

So I signed up and tried it. Compared to another site, it was nice not having to go through five pages of info just to share an upload. The other site seemed to have dial-up upload time and ShareCG seemed better. So this was convenient, a nice plus.

This site has been helpful with it's features for feedback. It's helped me learn as an artist, as a potential merchant, and the site and fellow artists have inspired me.

So things just didn't work out the way they were originally planned for the site. I understand this.. it's the owners perogative to change things. I accept this.

I am concerned with the comments and treatment of members here that is less than respectful. I'm not supportive of that.
I'm undecided at this point if I'll leave.., if I don't get booted first.. lol. I've pulled some of my content. At this point my gut tells me to move on.

suggestions: (*I'll post this in the other thread too)
-I seriously hope that the respect/treatment of the members is quickly addressed.. major priority
-Moderate the forum or pull it? Ask for volunteers?
-surely there is a way to accommodate artists outside the US? (taxes,etc). Other sites have achieved this..
-I've tried to look at the pros and cons from different perspectives, there's no way around it, uploads need to be moderated and approved. This addresses the copyright, quality, and cut down on the abusers/spammers. It will help artists know specifically what's appropriate content. It may take a little longer for uploads to be processed. We've had to deal with that before.. Someone mentioned volunteers, I was thinking the same thing, and if they get an additional %, that much better of an offer.
-Base payouts on Downloads, not views. Some of us check back occasionally on our uploads when someone posts a comment. Not all views are downloads.

Sorry for the long-winded post.. This is just my humble opinion. If it's helpful, great!! If you think I'm full of it.. well, that's ok too.. :D

Jake, I hope everything works out for the best for you and the site. I think the original concept was fantastic for reasons mentioned above.

I know we're all a bunch of passionate artists, but you guys (me too.. properly chastised..) please try to remember to be respectful of each other, be sweet, play nice!!.. :D

most sincerely, sissy

TheKeeper
(Stranger)
01/09/08 09:53 AM

Oh, dear! I thought that the situation was clear that you were just teasing me--all in good fun--for my panicky nature, Stepdad. I never once thought that others would misinterpret your message. I guess I should have left the part where you were quoting my own words back, but I honestly thought people would check back to see what the original post was about. I'm sorry. I don't post in forums very much, so I guess I still have a lot to learn about what people will and will not do when they check the latest forum posts.

Stepdad
(Newbie)
01/09/08 10:12 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: TheKeeper]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

No worries, no harm done really.  I posted the apology just to be on the safe side, I didn't want anyone thinking I had treated them the way I had just recently been treated in another thread, so I had no problems posting the apology and it really wasn't a big deal.  Just better to do it on the off chance that someone else might misinterpret what was said, as one person obviously already had.

Sadly these message forums are completely without boundries or guidelines, without moderation of any sort.  People who give helpful suggestions at the admins request can (and are, I speak from personal experience here) and are harrassed, insulted and demeaned publically and loudly all for having the temerity to offer a few helpful and free suggestions on improvements.  If you happen to differ in your opinion with a couple of immature posters whom I will not name, you get slammed pretty quick.

Sadly the admins response to this has been utterly non-existent, there only concern seemed to be with the ideas the thread generated, not at all with the brutish treatment that some of us who offered those ideas in good faith recieved. 

The entire incident has left a pretty sour taste in my mouth overall, and though I once pledged my support to Sharecg regardless of the revenue sharing situation, I must now say that I am entirely on the fence and seriously considering going elsewhere.  If you ask for people's help and they give it freely you don't thank them by letting a couple of snotty brats slap them in the face repeatedly without saying a word.  It's just no way to run a railroad and there is simply no excuse for it whatsoever.

So Sharecg at the moment is a very, very big question mark in my mind.  While I do like a lot of people in the community, thus far I must say the admins have a lot of work to do before they earn back my trust or respect.  The treatement I have recieved here thus far has been nothing short of shameful in all respects.

Kimber89
(Newbie)
01/09/08 05:55 PM

"If you happen to differ in your opinion with a couple of immature posters whom I will not name, you get slammed pretty quick." -Stepdad

There are only a couple that get very rude to the point I have a strong desire to cut loose my bad attitude upon them. An ignore feature would be most welcome. Besides, after being at Rendo for awhile, one should be used to it. :)))))

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/09/08 07:06 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well tomorrow's the 10th so I'm guessing it's safe to say that December's payout is now 2 days late if it's coming at all. Commissions have been calculated since the 3rd.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise