ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 1145279 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
brainstew
(Stranger)
01/05/08 07:20 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: doaservices]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It's really not that much of a surprise that this has happened. It was bound to, and it was obvious at an early stage. What has been done is a necessary consequence, in my opinion.

The question is - why didn't ShareCG react earlier to the bleeding obvious by enforcing effective restrictions on mass uploads, banning spammers, deleting low-quality content etc. A lot of problems could probably have been avoided by taking suitable action as soon as possible, and the payment system could have been maintained for the benefit of the many in this community who do provide quality work and make this site a worthwile source of content.

Like others here, however, I'm not in it for the pocket money. I moved my stuff to this site because ShareCG is an excellent file hoster, easy to use and fair to both uploaders and downloaders. That is one reason why I will continue to upload my stuff here.

Also, I support doaservices: ShareCG is supposed to be a community, and people shouldn't abandon this community because of the decisions that have been made, and that had to be made.

So, payment or no payment, I'm still happy to be able to use this site, and unless my stuff is considered utter crap and I'm asked to leave, I have no reason to go away.

I hope you guys at ShareCG can sort out the problems eventually and, if payments are to be shared with uploaders again in the future, come up with a more viable concept for doing so.

brainstew

dadchamp
(Journeyman)
01/05/08 07:31 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: brainstew]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

To those who are jumping ship ... Goodbye, Good  Riddance, and Good Luck. You will not be missed.

Tongue out

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

karanta
(Stranger)
01/05/08 07:39 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think this is a bit strange way to let this all end....

Why not just having a look once a day what people were uploading and remove all you don´t want to have on the site? There are some people who constantly uploading junk? Warn them. They do it again? - bann them. Easy thing.

You say people are lying somewhere else to get people looking at their stuff. If you know that - bann the user. Also simple thing.

I uploaded a lot of my freebies here. Not to make big money Wink. Just to have a bit of "pocket money" at PayPal when I want to buy something. I´m posting links to the freebies at 2 stores and on my homepage. That`s all I do.

I had a look at my earnings a moment ago:
You have received 2,376 views this month (since the beginning of January)  (sorry about the large text - I copied that and can not find out where I can make the text size smaller)

Not fantastic for 4 days - but not to bad I would say Smile. But I have an own homepage with so many GB free trafic I´ll never ever use. I love to make freebies and hope people will like to use them - but I´ll not have my freebies on a site which makes money with siteviews and "generate" income for them with uploading my freebies here.

You said in your announcement "Second, it became uneconomical. We would pay thousands of dollars to our users, but most individual users would not make that much"

I´m a bit confused now...... Wink .... you want to say it´s more "economical" to pay nothing to the people who are uploading here and the money stays in your pocket *lol* ?

Ok - If it stays the way it is now, I´ll upload my freebies on my own homepage and delete them here.

Well and getting a job with uploading freebies here? You are kidding? Laughing
Nobody will get any job doing things like that. Really not.

karanta
(Stranger)
01/05/08 08:09 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: karanta]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

oh and about the "community" thing......

I think this is a typical site which wants to make money with the service they offer.
There is nothing wrong with this. We all need to work and earn money - or we would
not be able to put bread and butter on the table so to speak.

But I really don´t get it when I see a site which is surrounded with banners etc.
which all bring money to the site owners and I hear always this "but we are mainly
a community site"

lupadgds
(Newbie)
01/05/08 09:47 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: karanta]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Bravo Karanta! I agree in everything with you what you say!

onnetz
(Stranger)
01/05/08 12:53 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: lupadgds]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I feel a bit like a fish thats been hooked, reeled in and thrown up on the bank.

I keep hearing all this talk of how the quality of uploads was the problem, but in another thread you state that the problem was that traffic outside the us pays nothing and there is a large international base of visitors to this site. 

As for the copyright issues its nothing new and most certainly not only at sharecg. Did you really have the assumption that people wouldnt be doing that? 

So in the end you feel your cut was getting too low and now you get 100% and we get zip........ Well we do get to host files here for free but how long is that going to last?

Nice way to start a community.

adp__
(Journeyman)
01/05/08 01:12 PM

karanta: You are my voice :)

I'm with 3500 unfaked views for this month right now. Without promoting mutch and only uploaded 3 items the last 3 weeks.

Goldenthrush
(Stranger)
01/05/08 01:31 PM

I realize the file hosting costs money, but karanta does bring up some very valid points, and the point brainstew made - that if the rules of the site being enforced would keep things fairly even keeled.

A lot of the comic hosting sites that do voting, for instance, will put up a page for people clicking in to state if they want to vote for this comic, OR, if they have been tricked/mislead to that site, to click in a report abuse field. Sounds like a perfect way to cut down on traffic that isn't here for the content.

Edited by Goldenthrush on 01/05/08 01:32 PM.

threedgraphics
(Stranger)
01/05/08 01:51 PM

I am all for you guys demanding better uploads...there is nothing that pisses me off more then looking for something and seeing tile textures in the hundreds that take like 1 minute to make in any image software, which should be packaged as one download, but instead uploaded one by one.  No wonder they get 500 views a day, driving everyone who uploads things that actually take time to make down.

Those who do this kknow who you are I am not going to name names but you are the ones who wrecked this.

chaspo
(Stranger)
01/05/08 02:30 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hope re-organization improves the site.

I started here to upload 5000 texture tiles, 3600 done so far, 10 per zip file. I'll upload the the remaining zips as time allows and keep my promise to someone else who helped me.

I didn't come here for money, I don't care about the critics and sour pusses, I appreciate some of the content uploaded by others and I will continue to utilize this site.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise