ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 1138697 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Panthia
(Journeyman)
01/06/08 09:38 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm with Dadchamp and want to know where the heck was all you in previous discussions on ANYTHING! 

Sharecg Admin.....I love ya'll for the ease of posting freebies and finding freebies.....I check the site daily for poser, textures, 2d, art, and forums.....I'll be regardless as long as you remain free!  And I'll do whatever to help make the site the BEST....

Stepdad
(Stranger)
01/06/08 08:41 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in, I can't speak for anyone else of course but I can give my own opinion loudly enough.. lol..

Personally I started using Sharecg for entirely selfish reasons, but not because I ever thought I was going to make a living off of the revenue sharing concept.

Granted, it's a great idea, but it wasn't my main goal.  I was looking for a site on which I could host some freebies, now that I'm starting off in modelling I'd like to build a name for myself before I run out and try to sell a bunch of stuff.  I think that's a much better way to go than to just jump in and start trying to sell commercial products on other sites right away.

So far the only two items I've done were both by request from message boards on another site, just simple little things I threw together relatively quickly.   Granted I'm planning on uploading much more complex models as well, to showcase my abilities and give people confidence in my commercial products.

If someone wants to know how good of a modeler I am I can always point them towards my freebies and say, "here, try these out and see what you think", I think it's the best way to build customer confidence imaginable.

So the revenue sharing thing was always a "bonus" as far as I was concerned, if I got a bit of extra revenue that way great, but the free hosting and ease of use for the folks wanting to download my stuff far outweighed any other concerns in my mind.

I've already posted my thoughts on ways to bring back revenue sharing and do so in such a fashion as artists can get rewarded for their work but scammers won't, hopefully you'll find something in there of use.   But as far as staying a member of ShareCG, you bet.  I'm not going anywhere. 

Stepdad
(Stranger)
01/06/08 08:44 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Lol.. oh, wanted to tell dadchamp that the reason this whiny toad wasn't involved before now is because I wasn't a member of the site until just this last month.  But now that I'm here rest assured I'll be the whiniest toad of all.. lol..

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/06/08 09:15 PM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: Stepdad]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

In reply to:

But now that I'm here rest assured I'll be the whiniest toad of all.. lol..

Sorry but that position already has a full time employee in it.  Tongue out

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

dadchamp
(Journeyman)
01/07/08 03:06 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hey Matrix, I thought you were the dog everyone kicks around? When did you become a toad? Innocent

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Stepdad
(Stranger)
01/07/08 04:47 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Crap.. figures.. full time employee huh?  Bet he's part of the UWWNHFTC (Union of Weasely and Whiney Non Human Fairy Tale Creatures) too, so they won't be able to fire him.

Well, if there still in the market for a volunteer whiney toad.. lol..

TheKeeper
(Stranger)
01/07/08 10:08 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: Stepdad]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Um... I suppose my biggest concern is whether my uploads are to be considered "low quality?" I'm pretty new at this whole content provider thing. I know I've messed up a few times. That's part of the learning process. Eventually, I'll get things right so that my work can measure up to the professional quality content people pay for, but that will take time, obviously. That's why I haven't even tried to sell anything. I mean, I'm still learning how to package things properly for people, as well as learning how to make the content, in the first place. ShareCG is giving me the practice I need to get my work up to the kind of quality standards I'm aiming for. But the discussion of low quality work has gotten me a little nervous. People have been kind enough to give my uploads 5 stars, which really surprised me, as I really don't think they're good enough for that rating. I'm not saying they're not useful, or I wouldn't have uploaded them, at all (why waste valuable space with uploads you don't feel would be useful to people?). But 5 stars is very generous, considering that people have had to paitently wait for me to notice and/or work through a few blunders I've made, and I'm very grateful for such generosity. But I'm afraid that ShareCG will not agree with the people who find my work useful, from what they said about the rating system not working, and delete my content, anyhow?

As for how I feel about no longer being able to earn a little pocket money, especially after only having been here for a month, I've been trying to do a bit of research by looking for other... (oh, what kind of site is this called, anyhow? An uploading site?) uploading sites like ShareCG, and so far, I've found ShareCG to be unique in offering what appears to be unlimited space for content (or have I misunderstood, and missed the part where I have only a limited amount of space?). Granted, I've only been able to explore two other sites: 4Shared and CNet's uploads.com. And both of those sites only offer a limited amount of storage space for free. You have to pay for more if you find the space granted to not be enough. And after finally getting the chance to discuss the matter with someone who knows more about these things than I do, I was told that was about par for sites like that. In fact, I was told that the 5 gigs 4Shared offered was really very generous, as other sites will only allow up to 500 megs of space, or so. So, I've finally come to the conclusion that ShareCG is still, in a way, sharing its revenue with us by giving us unlimited storage space for free.

TheKeeper
(Stranger)
01/07/08 10:09 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: TheKeeper]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

(continued from last post)

After thinking about the situation in light of this new information, I guess that's a pretty fair deal. There's no way, at this point in time, that I can afford to pay for unlimited space with those other sites, so I'm glad that a site like ShareCG exists, and has allowed me to upload my content without any real fuss. Yes, I’m disappointed and regretful that the system is ending just as I signed up. This means I won’t be able to get a certain Poser utility I have my eye on earlier than my initial plans, after all. But, to be completely honest, I didn’t even know that ShareCG had a revenue sharing program when I made the decision to upload my first Poser freebie about a month ago. (Yes, I know. Apparently, banners were flying everywhere stating that this was the case, but I’ve only been to ShareCG, up to that point, through Renderosity, and when I’ve got my eye on a great download, I really don’t notice anything else!) All I knew, at the time, was that I had made a great character that was, in the end, going to be wasted through disuse, so I thought, why not offer it to the Poser community? Someone, somewhere, just might find it useful enough for their commercial or non-commercial renders. I chose ShareCG because, other than 4Shared and Cnet, it was the only site I knew of where I could upload my character, and as one who downloads a lot of free content, I liked ShareCG the most. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I could earn a little pocket change by the number of views I got, and even more pleasantly surprised when people asked me for more. So, I gave more, and am trying to make more, such as a skirt pack for Aiko and a kilt pack for Hiro (sorry, that’s as close as I can get to a matching pack for Hiro).

But, I find myself asking if I should bother as, again, I keep coming back to my initial question: is my work even good enough that ShareCG will even allow me to keep it here? That's got me all in knots... I mean, my armor set doesn't even have body morphs in it, yet, although I'm working on it. But will that weigh against me? Will they delete my things?

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
01/07/08 10:16 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

In reply to:

Hey Matrix, I thought you were the dog everyone kicks around? When did you become a toad? Innocent

Who says I was speaking of myself? I was kinda thinking of a certain Irishman here abouts. Tongue out

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Axe_Swipe
(Newbie)
01/07/08 10:24 AM
Re: Revenue Sharing Cancelled new [re: TheKeeper]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

TheKeeper, As a freebie, no one is going to complain about your armor not having body morphs (at least they shouldn't).

It's the commercial packages that people pay for that at least the most basic body morphs are expected to have included.

A good example is my V4 T-Shirt model.  The free version does not have morphs, but I do sell commercially the same model with all of the standard V4 body morphs built into it.

I've had no complaints about body morphs not being in the free version.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise