ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 190307 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Kimber89
(Newbie)
01/13/08 05:21 PM
Re: Mediocre new [re: LACEnterprises]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Good question, LACEnterprises. LOL

I'm waiting to see the changes, taking a break, getting around to playing with the content I got over the holidays, goofing off with vector animals like a poodle for a poodle skirt. I got burned out a bit from my last upload & need to relax.

Pfft Terri (tessalynne), you do great stuff! Upload away!! :D

angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
01/14/08 12:07 AM
Re: Mediocre new [re: Kimber89]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

about the people worrying if their stuff is crap.....

i dont think the issue most people were having was with beginners uploading things. in fact i dont think i even once saw anyone say that they were tired of people who were just learning uploading crappy stuff.i dont think anyone on this site has a problem with people who want to learn (and possibly click on a tutorial)....i think it was more about the people who were uploading bull rather than just crap if you will.lol i hate to point fingers,but,for what seems to be a popular example of bull was multiplane cyclorama backgrounds. pages and pages and pages were uploaded at a time for that and people were getting angry about it because it was bull.in another thread EmporeR mentioned that the spamming had stopped so i did a search for mulitplane cyclorama and all it could show me was a total of 255 results! so it was clear that those uploads that are now gone were uploaded for the sole purpose of getting page views and not for the quality of making something and helping someone with a freebie.which would equal to bull.lol i hope i explained this the right way.sounded good in my head. me get my point across.Wink  oh and one more thing...making textures,even if it the only thing someone does,is just fine. i dont have a modeling program either but i do own photoshop and i make textures and brushes and stuff like that. these things are just as important as the models themselves because without textures everything would be the same color and thats just no good. lmao i was censored durring this thread so i was forced to use the words crap and bull.if thats a new rule im glad to see they are sticking to it.

Edited by angelaandreoli on 01/14/08 12:18 AM.

Kimber89
(Newbie)
01/14/08 12:29 AM
Re: Mediocre new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Would be nice if textures were considered just as important...but have a look at the "Award" section of ShareCG, only one texture out of 4,000+ got one. :/ Really encouraging....NOT! LOL.

So, how's this for mediocre? Poodle dress!

Why is there no size thingy on here??? ROFL!!! 

Luchare
(Stranger)
01/14/08 01:59 AM
Re: Mediocre new [re: angelaandreoli]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ROFL - crap bull and heck!

i think i understand this now, same thing when i buy stuff, i want 5000 of them in one package rather than 1 at a time. Tongue out

Panthia
(Member)
01/14/08 06:17 AM
Re: Mediocre new [re: Luchare]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well....I've hit a creative snag.....but like everyone has said....its not the beginners who are honestly trying to learn and do better that bother people.  I personally think my capabilities have grown since joining sharecg....espcially with Kimber's killer textures!

btw......I LOVE that poodle skirt!

dadchamp
(Member)
01/14/08 09:07 AM
Re: Mediocre new [re: Luchare]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

There is a big difference in resource type when comparing a texture to a background. A texture is directed at a specific item and can be used with only that item. As such it should be made available as a single download unless there are multiple similar textures all for the same character being provided at once. Backgrounds on the other hand are just images that can be pasted behind a character either on a flat plane, cyclorama, or even dropped in after the fact in a paint program. They are so generic in their use that it is only right that multiple similar items be grouped to avoid cluttering the website.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise