ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 25012 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

beekeeper
(Stranger)
03/05/08 11:27 PM
Will I ever get paid? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
03/06/08 09:29 AM
Re: Will I ever get paid? new [re: beekeeper]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello beekeeper.
     Don't worry about it.  There are only two possibilities.  ShareCG has already stated that they would like to continue the "Share the profits" policy, if they can.  They are keeping track of statistics, so they can make a fair distribution, once they get the new payment policies implemented.  Instead of a small payment each month, you would get one large payment once the policy is in place, then back to smaller payments each month.
     If they decide that “Sharing the profits” is too difficult to manage, or creates more problems than it solves, they may decide to skip it and make this site just a free file hosting site.  Although I would prefer to get paid, rather than not get paid, I would still stay with ShareCG, because this site is much more friendly to uploaders and downloaders than many of the other free file hosting sites. 
     The last I heard, they were still deciding how to distribute the wealth fairly, without encouraging cheaters and content pirates from abusing the system.  This is quite a difficult task.  For every method you can think of to prevent cheating and theft, there are ways to get around it.  Finding a set of methods to discourage those who abuse the system, while keeping the system friendly to both uploaders and downloaders may be near impossible.  I’ve already posted ideas of how to reward those who use the system responsibly, while punishing those who abuse it, but haven’t received any feedback on my ideas yet.  This could be because ShareCG hasn’t read my posts, or because they are too polite to say what they really think of my ideas.  I hope it’s because they have just been too busy to read them.  They do respond promptly when I send them a message through “Contact Us”, so I know they haven’t abandoned us.
                              -David

beekeeper
(Stranger)
03/06/08 12:10 PM
Re: Will I ever get paid? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

David,

Thank you for filling me in on the present situation - it has gone some way to calming my fears. I don't want to leave ShareCG as I, like you, find it user-friendly for both uploaders and downloaders - though I must admit this latest incident has actually made me consider it

beekeeper 

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise