ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 66703 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

talal0khalid
(Stranger)
03/07/08 01:20 AM
Will they start Revenue Sharing again? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, Guyz,

Tell me plz ,

will ShareCG start Revenue sharing again?

If yes,  then when?

If not, Can u please tell me any more website similar to ShareCG, from where i can earn money with my work?

waiting fo ur reply!

Talal

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
03/07/08 07:50 PM
Re: Will they start Revenue Sharing again? new [re: talal0khalid]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello talal0khalid.
     The last I heard from the administrators was that they did want to resume the "Share the profits" policy, if they can.  They are keeping track of statistics, so they can make a fair distribution, once they get the new payment policies implemented.  Instead of a small payment each month, you would get one large payment once the policy is in place, then back to smaller payments each month.
     Even if they eventually decide that “Sharing the profits” is too difficult to manage, or that it creates more problems than it solves, ShareCG would still be a free file hosting site.  Although I would prefer to get paid, rather than not get paid, I would still stay with ShareCG, because this site is much more friendly to uploaders and downloaders than many of the other free file hosting sites.  I also haven’t heard of any other free file hosting site that pays its content providers.
     The last I heard, they were still deciding how to distribute the wealth fairly, without encouraging cheaters and content pirates from abusing the system.  This is quite a difficult task.  For every method you can think of to prevent cheating and theft, there are ways to get around it.  Finding a set of methods to discourage those who abuse the system, while keeping the system friendly to both uploaders and downloaders may be near impossible.  I’ve already posted ideas of how to reward those who use the system responsibly, while punishing those who abuse it, but haven’t received any feedback on my ideas yet.  This could be because ShareCG hasn’t read my posts, or because they are too polite to say what they really think of my ideas.  I hope it’s because they have just been too busy to read them.  They do respond promptly when I send them a message through “Contact Us”, so I know they haven’t abandoned us.
     They did not give an exact date, or even an approximate date when the new policies would be in place.  They have posted messages to the board that they are considering a two-tier system.  This means that not everyone would get paid, just those who make it to the second tier.  I don’t know if this will be a few people, dozens of people, or hundreds of people, or even thousands.  The two-tier system is not definite, but it’s the only method I remember JakeHeller posting as a possible criteria for payment.
                              -David

talal0khalid
(Stranger)
03/08/08 01:29 AM
Re: Will they start Revenue Sharing again? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

okz

Thanks for reply! 

talal0khalid
(Stranger)
03/09/08 11:44 AM
Re: Will they start Revenue Sharing again? new [re: talal0khalid]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Friend, In short ur mean, they will start revenue sharing again when they will produce new system,

right?

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
03/09/08 01:59 PM

To the best of my knowledge, they will start revenue sharing as soon as they have the new system running.  This is a guess, but it is based on the messages that they have posted.

-David

talal0khalid
(Stranger)
03/10/08 06:18 AM
Re: Will they start Revenue Sharing again? new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks for ur reply!

i get it 

raytracer
(Journeyman)
03/10/08 09:12 AM

The stats page have been removed. So its anyone's guess if it will reinstated. But still its good to upload stuff here as long as popups are not introduced or any annoying ads.

http://www.raytracestudio.co.nr/

jakehellerModerator
(Member)
03/17/08 01:13 PM

Yes, we do intend on bringing revenue sharing back. Designing the new system is what has been keeping us busy (as well as working on our sister sites, which are also important for our revenue--and are essentially paying for ShareCG's existence right now). Please continue to use the site's benefits other than revenue sharing--i.e., downloading quality downloads... we hope the site is beneficial to its users, even when we don't pay 'em.

-Jake 

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
03/17/08 02:03 PM
Re: Will they start Revenue Sharing again? new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Quote Designing the new system is what has been keeping us busy (as well as working on our sister sites, which are also important for our revenue--and are essentially paying for ShareCG's existence right now). End Quote

You mean to tell us that even with Revenue sharing turned off for the past two and a half months that the advertising income here isn't paying for the site? 

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Dyald
(Stranger)
03/19/08 10:50 PM
Re: Will they start Revenue Sharing again? new [re: jakeheller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That's good news, Thanks for letting us knowSmile

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise