ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 46009 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Panthia
(Member)
04/07/08 06:30 AM
When did we get a download count? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

While looking to see whats new I noticed that now we not only have a view count but we also have a download count........

Is this a step towards everything getting back to normal?  Just wondered!

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
04/07/08 08:58 AM
Download counts are a step in the right direction new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't know about "a step towards everything getting back to normal", but I thik it is a step in the right direction.  I would like to see more of the download count.  First on the "My Uploads" section, so I can see how all of my files are doing, and second on the portfolios. 

dadchamp
(Member)
04/08/08 06:12 PM
Re: When did we get a download count? new [re: Panthia]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Download counter is very nice. Would be even better if it showed in the stats of the My Upload page so you don't have to view the item to see how many downloads it has had. Also, what date is this counting from?

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
04/08/08 09:18 PM
View and Dowload stats come in handy new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Everyone.
     I started an Excel worksheet with my view and download stats.  This not only allows me to check the percentage of downloads per view, but also allows me check the percentages between date.  I just have the differences between two dates calculated, and generate a percentage based on that.  It will give me a good idea of if I am advertising my pages correctly (Not misleading).  The higher the percentage, the better I am doing.  If you only have a few files, you may want to do the same.  If you have a lot of files, updating the worksheet would be too much work.
                   -David

dadchamp
(Member)
04/08/08 09:24 PM
Re: View and Dowload stats come in handy new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This only works for current uploads though. I have stuff that has been here over a year so the download rate verses views would be totally skewed. That's why I asked what date this was implimented as it would give a better 'start' date to figure ratios from for views verses downloads. Without a start date the ratios are pretty much meaningless for people who have been here a long time.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
04/09/08 09:46 AM
Re: View and Dowload stats come in handy new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi ... The download counter was activated on April Fools Day (April 1st) ... also, we're looking into the other recommendations expressed in this thread.

angelaandreoli
(Newbie)
04/16/08 05:21 AM
Re: View and Dowload stats come in handy new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

woohooooo!this makes me so happy and excited!

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise