ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Open Discussion
Thread views: 78427 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
Deni67
(Stranger)
04/07/08 05:59 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

But i have a question about an upload i put in the poser section..It's a dress texture you can see here

http://www.sharecg.com/v/24728/poser/Textures-for-Nympth-Dress

My question is, is the download count playing up because it says iv'e had over 16 thousand people download them and this seems impossible to me..Not that i'm complaining but if there is an error could someone fix it for me pretty please..Wink

Panthia
(Member)
04/07/08 06:25 AM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. new [re: Deni67]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hmmm.....its only been viewed 714 times but has over 17000 downloads now...(BTW, when did ya'll add the download count?)

All I can say Deni is that it is an absolutely gorgeous texture set and would definitely be one of the things here to get many hits! 

I'm not any help am I?

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
04/07/08 08:51 AM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. [re: Deni67]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

WOW! I just checked it and its up to 20,908 downloads, but only 718 views.  It could be 20,908 attempts to download.  If someone is using a download manager that keeps retrying, it could be generating false downloads.  I checked my pages and the downloads seem closer to normal.  The full install of my program is about a 40% download rate, and the upgrade to 1.4 is only about 7%.  This sounds logigical because people would want to download the smaller file, but then realize that they need version 1.3 to make it work.  I think I need to bold the word Upgrade on the link. 

Is the over-inflated download numbers affecting a lot of people, or just Deny67?

HoboBo
(Stranger)
04/07/08 02:00 PM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask new [re: Deni67]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I wouldn´t trust these numbers at all.

My most viewed upload has 875 viewings in six months but only 10 downloads... 

HoboBo

HoboBo
(Stranger)
04/07/08 02:03 PM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask new [re: Deni67]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

... and my most viewed texture pack with 306 viewings shows only 3 downloads :)

HoboBo

Deni67
(Stranger)
04/07/08 02:19 PM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don't trust them but it's a bit disconcerting seeing those numbers just keep getting bigger and bigger..lol..I hope they fix it soon..

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
04/07/08 03:45 PM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask [re: Deni67]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All ... we checked our system and it's working correctly.  But, we did discover an IP in Taiwan that was pinging us repeatedly.  We've blocked that IP and have had to zero out the hit meter on this account.  Thanks much  for bringing this up or we wouldn't have caught this.

Deni67
(Stranger)
04/07/08 06:00 PM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you for fixing it for me Jalex...I knew they were good but not that good...lol..84 downloads sounds more reasonable..Tongue out

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
04/07/08 06:31 PM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I figured out why the Upgrade version of my software had such a low download pre view ratio.  The Upgrade version made it to "Pick of the day", but the Full Install did not.  People would link to it from the Home Page, and then realize they need a Full Install.  I guess that this proves that people do look at the Home Page, and winning an award can generate a lot more views.

I'm glad the problem is resolved.  I was tempted to start a pool, for when Deny67's file would reach 50,000 downloads.Wink

-David

benahdoot
(Stranger)
09/26/18 02:30 AM
Re: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.. new [re: Deni67]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I wouldn´t trust these numbers at all....

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise