Application Specific
   >> Autodesk Maya
Thread views: 21984 View all threads**Threaded Mode

Daedalus
(Stranger)
06/14/07 09:39 PM
First post - Introduction Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well, I myself am glad that the forums are up, finally a place to discuss things with people, like I have been with the modelers on Facepunch studios forums.

My full name is Brendan Strohmeier-Parmer.  I am currently a student of 3d modeling in Maya, although I have tried a few others, like Cinema, and Carra(which I absolutely hate), I'm sticking with Maya.  I don't have that much work to post, here, not that much of it is good at all.  Although I do have one thing, but I am still working on it.  I don't have that much work because I don't currently have access to a computer with Maya installed on it, at the time a month or so ago, I had been using Maya on the computers at my college, so now that school is out, I am without it.

Anyway, here is really the only good thing, in my opinion, that I have made, it is an attempt to model a Rolls Royce Allison 250 c20r power generation turbine engine.  I have most of it down, nothing is accurate because I only had perspective views to go off of and MANY photos from the internet.  I still have not completed the gearbox, because I have no good photos of it to really make it as good as I can.

Edited by Daedalus on 06/14/07 09:40 PM.

3dgreg
(Stranger)
01/29/08 12:06 PM
Re: First post - Introduction new [re: Daedalus]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Cool, someone else addicted to Maya ! Rookie here, but learning. Actually can't afford classes so all self taught, so far anyway. Do you have a computer at home? What is it ( mhz, ram, hard drive size?) Just curious if you can run Maya on your home system. Look forward to seeing some models, since the rest of the world uses max. ( ha, bunch of sheep, haha)

Daedalus
(Stranger)
01/29/08 02:50 PM
Re: First post - Introduction new [re: 3dgreg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Unforutnately, I do not.. The computer I use at home is way past it's expiration date. It is a 9-year-old iMac. It is not 3d worthy in the least.. 400mhz... G3 processor... 128mb of ram.. Ya.. At one point I tried to install and run Cinema 4D 6 on it. This didn't go so well. I had to force quit. My only access to the program is on the school computers.. but that will change eventually.

View all threads**Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise