Technique Tips and Help
   >> Modeling
Thread views: 13053 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

blanco13
(Stranger)
07/29/18 10:48 AM
Modelization for DAZ Studio Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello, I'm a beginner on DAZ Studio and it's great. Thanks in passing for your super useful Freestuffs. Alas I can not find everything I need. Which software would allow me to create my own models and then convert them to Daz (and Poser, a little later ...)

Thank you for your advice.

Josea
(Journeyman)
08/01/18 12:13 PM
Re: Modelization for DAZ Studio new [re: blanco13]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Any 3d app that will export .obj file format will work. Most export this file format which is very common. Wings 3D is easy to use and learn. Blender is powerfull with lots of features but will take a long time to learn. Anim8or is another free 3d app you can use.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

blanco13
(Stranger)
08/04/18 08:27 AM
Re: Modelization for DAZ Studio new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

oh yes Josea, your answer is very useful to me. thank you. I'm going to try these two programs before Blender which is actually complex.

perpetualrevision
(Stranger)
08/04/18 02:37 PM
Re: Modelization for DAZ Studio new [re: blanco13]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you (or anyone else reading this thread) use a Mac, then I HIGHLY recommend giving Cheetah3D a try. Its Mac-like interface makes it so easy to use that you barely realize you're learning to do something that's fairly complex (whereas Blender's interface makes you think you might be trying to learn rocket science!) 

The closest I've seen in ease of use that's also available for Windows is Silo.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise