Application Specific
   >> Other Tools
Thread views: 38647 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Zapboy
(Stranger)
11/16/07 05:09 PM
MakeHuman new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've heard about a new 3D program called makehuman.  Can anyone here give me a review?

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
11/22/07 12:04 PM
Re: MakeHuman new [re: Zapboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I noticed that MakeHuman is a open source project, and that you can learn more about it at http://www.dedalo-3d.com/ .....

Axe_Swipe
(Stranger)
12/12/07 05:38 AM
Re: MakeHuman new [re: Zapboy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Makehuman has been around for a couple of years.

When you open it, it pre-loads a base human shape, which you can then morph using a large set of morph presets to shape with.  There is also some joint bending capabilities in it.

For the most part, once you get your human looking how you want, you can then export it as a .obj file for importing into other modeling apps for fine tuning and rendering.

It also has pre-defined material zones.

It makes for getting a quick start on modeling humanoid figures.  However, the one flaw I have found is there is a hole in the chest that will need to fill when you import the .obj into your other modeling app.

My opinion is that while not perfect, it is a nifty little addition to your modeling toolbox and can be a timesaver when creating original humanoids.

Axe_Swipe
(Newbie)
02/28/08 08:20 AM
Re: MakeHuman [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It looks like MakeHuman is getting a major overhaul on the UI and the model.

It'll be interesting to continue following the progress. 

dadchamp
(Member)
03/01/08 06:07 AM
Re: MakeHuman new [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I use both the older and the new version a lot and love them both. The chest hole you mention for the older version is actually due to a corrupt MTL file that fails to name a small part in the center of the chest as part of the skin material. So when you color the skin, the very center of the chest remains blank. This can easily be fixed in a program like UVMapper. The corrupt MTL also miss labels a whole bunch of other body parts to the wrong material zones. So using UVMapper to rename zones is highly recommended before using the mesh in another program.

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

Josea
(Newbie)
11/08/12 10:20 AM
Re: MakeHuman new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

They now have their own site at http://www.makehuman.org/

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise