Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 14539 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

archeopterix2680
(Stranger)
05/12/10 02:13 AM
Need advice on problem with morphing props Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Community.

I recently decided to try my hand at creating morphing props in Poser so I could upload them for others to download on the Poser section in ShareCG.   I think I have the basic process down but I'm having trouble with them once I assign them to the Props Library and load them back into the scene.

The problem that I'm having is that if I load more than one of the same prop into the scene the morphs will not work with the second and each following consecutively loaded instance of the same prop.  The first prop's morphs continue to work.  I do not wish to upload props which behave in this manner as it appears that some drastic oversight or malfunction is occuring. 

Has anyone else had the same problem? If anyone out there could tell me what could be going wrong, I would appreciate it. Any help with diagnosing and remedying the problem would be welcomed. 

If I need to post the exact steps I have taken to create the props in order to spot the problem I can do so. 

If emailing replies please send them to mistertruespace@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much everyone.

lesbentley
(Stranger)
09/04/10 09:12 PM
Re: Need advice on problem with morphing props new [re: archeopterix2680]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Your problem is most likely down to the way Poser names props. If you load a box prop it will be named "box_1", if you then load a second box it will have a diffrent name "box_2". This should not stop morphs themselves from working, but it will stop ERC from working in any but the first instance of the prop, this is because the name the slaving code is pointing to is only correct for the first instance of the prop. This also has consequences when loading morphs into props from pose files as delta injections.

It's not really posible to say more without knowing exactly what you are doing, or even better having an example of one of your props to look at.

archeopterix2680
(Stranger)
10/19/10 11:48 PM
Re: Need advice on problem with morphing props new [re: lesbentley]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you happen to take a look back at this...

I get part of that and I don't get the other.  I understand what 'instances' are but I don't understand what ERC is.  I wonder if I could fix this perhaps by going into the prop or the PMD file with wordpad and editing one of the strings?

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise