Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 21259 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Granny_E
(Stranger)
07/22/10 09:46 AM
M4/V4 Retexture Problem Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I need some serious help, I used the remaped version (I even got the RTEncoder to work).

It does use V4 Textures wonderfully! but now I can't use M4 textures. At All.

Nothing I've done has got me back the original M4, I've deleted and uninstalled M4 the reinstalled him, I even went as far as to uninstall and reinstall the program (poser 7 and pro).

I am at my wits end D:

NerdBird
(Stranger)
07/28/10 04:28 AM
Re: M4/V4 Retexture Problem new [re: Granny_E]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Where did you get the remapped M4?

I would strongly suggest that you contact the creator of the remap for directions on how to undo it.

The only thing that I can think of is that you've created a character based on the remapped M4 and saved that. Deleting the original remap might not change this saved character.

As I understand it, usually a remap like this creates a second CR2 and maybe a second OBJ file; it should *not* overwrite your original files.

If you need to reinstall M4, download the M4 base from DAZ again (free) and install it. This will create a new (original) M4 OBJ and CR2 with the original mapping information. This should allow you to create M4 characters as long as you start from the new M4 figure.

I hope that this works.

Granny_E
(Stranger)
07/28/10 10:53 AM
Re: M4/V4 Retexture Problem new [re: NerdBird]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I got it here, but I would have to look up who it was by.
I had already did everything that was suggested (thank you) I deleted and reinstalled several times, I did searches and deleted.I finally got it to work by installing into a different runtime (which I had already done:/)

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
09/30/10 04:20 PM
Re: M4/V4 Retexture Problem new [re: Granny_E]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello  Granny_E

I assume you installed "M4-V4 Remap" and not "Kids 4 M4V4Textures Remap".

The Zip file contains a new CR2 that uses a new OBJ file.  The RTE-Encoder creates the new zip file from the old OBJ file.  Reinstalling Poser and M4 won't fix anything because nothing should be broken.  "Michael 4 (V4 UV).CR2" , and any characters you create from him uses "Michael 4 (V4 UV).OBJ", which uses V4 textures.  "Michael 4.CR2" and any characters created from him still use "blMilMan_m4b.obj" and M4 textures.  Is it possible you are using "Michael 4 (V4 UV).CR2" or a character created from "Michael 4 (V4 UV).CR2", instead of "Michael 4.CR2"?

-David

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise