Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 17521 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Billf
(Stranger)
09/12/10 02:53 PM
Trouble importing what I download Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi. I am completely new to Poser and I am trying to teach the program to myself. I have downloaded models offered on this sight but I cannot figure out how to import any of them into Poser. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Edited by Billf on 09/12/10 02:53 PM.

MLBgraphics
(Stranger)
09/29/10 03:04 PM
Re: Trouble importing what I download new [re: Billf]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Depends on what your trying to import, if its an obj file go to the file menu and on the dropdown select import and choose from the list the format and from their it will ask for as file location. Most likely it's in a zip file and you will have to unzip it to a folder of your choosing before using the import option. If your talking about clothing,figures etc. I use 7zip a free zip file opener to unzip the files directly to Poser. It will install the files to the correct directories within poser. Hope this helps remember when i started with poser i was in the same boat.

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
09/30/10 03:52 PM
Re: Trouble importing what I download new [re: Billf]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Billf
  Most of the Poser content stored on ShareCG is contained in PKZip files.  When I download Poser stuff from ShareCG, I unzip the files into a new directory.   Usually, one of the subdirectories is called "Runtime".  I simply copy all the files in this "Runtime" directory into the "Runtime" directory under Poser.  This usually copies everything I need to use the files.  Sometimes they include a "Textures" directory in the same directory as the "Runtime" directory.  I simply copy this directory to the same place as the "Runtime" Directory. 

Sometimes the people who create the Poser content do not know how to create a Zip file, with directory structure. These files can take awhile to install, since I need to copy different files to different directories.  Under "Runtime" there is a directory called "Geometries", where *.OBJ files usually go.  Under "Runtime is also a directory caled "Textures" where some image (*.BMP, *.BUM, *.JPG, *.GIF, *.PNG) files go.  This can be tricky, since not all images are textures.  Under  the  "Runtime" is the "Libraries" directory.  The "Libraries" directory contains a "Character" directory which contains Poser Characters (*.CR2), a "Props" directory that contains Poser Props (*.PP2), a "Pose" ditrectory that contains Poser Poses (*.PZ2), and a number of other directories. 

Sometimes the people who create the Zip files get the directory names wrong, but that is usually easy to fix.  They sometimes call the "Pose" directory "Poses", or tjhe "Textures" directory "Texture".  With time, you will be able to recognize these problems and correct them, but most of the people who post Poser files on ShareCG do a good job of creating Zip files.  If you have a problem with any of the files you downloaded from ShareCG, you can always email me at DavidJHanna@yahoo.Com and ask for help.  I can download the same file here and try to write up instructions.  I would need the name of the file you downloaded, and the verion of Poser you are using would help.

-David

bluemoon01
(Stranger)
03/22/11 08:22 AM

Hey Bill,

Just wondering if you ever got it figured out.

jeff

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise