Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 17973 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

pallenjoe
(Stranger)
06/29/10 10:18 PM
PROPS new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi all;

I've been using poser 7 now for about a year and have just, as of today, tried to make my first prop... It shows up as a pic in props, has a check mark, but won't add to the scene. I'm obviously missing some steps (perhaps several steps). Can someone walk me through it?

darthj
(Stranger)
01/29/11 05:36 PM
Re: PROPS [re: pallenjoe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

As it shows up in your props library then you have created "something" but maybe you didn't select the (own made) prop before you created the Poser prop ?

BeyondVR
(Stranger)
01/30/11 06:12 PM
Re: PROPS new [re: pallenjoe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Walk-through: Import the object and add appropriate textures.  Make sure the object is selected, then go to the Props library.  Click on the plus sign to add to the library.  Give it a name, and click OK.

If the prop has multiple objects, each should be parented to the main part or another part that is parented to the main part (Properties - Set Parent).  Select the main part to add to library as before.  After giving it a name, click on Select Subset button.  In the dialog that comes up select all parts of the prop, then click OK.  Click OK on original box to add to library.

If you had to resize or move the object before saving, you can still have it with all the parameters zeroed.  Export the object to OBJ, then delete the original object.  Import the one you just exported, UNchecking all the options on import.  It will load exactly where the original was, but with all dials zeroed.  If multi-part, each must be exported and imported separately to keep Poser from making it all one object.  Reassign parenting and save to library.  I hope this helps.

John

Matika
(Stranger)
02/22/11 02:35 AM
Re: PROPS new [re: pallenjoe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have found that this happens a lot when the uv map has been corrupted or doesn't have one.  Download the free uv maper and carry the props obj into it and asign a map then save it after which you can import it back into poser and you should have no problem seeing the prop.  Hope this helps

It is this uv map's template that you use to add texture to your prop by carrying it into a graphs program and adding material to it.  Hopes this helps.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise