Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 16839 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

chessmaster2000
(Stranger)
02/23/11 08:04 AM
base install to poser new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i have poser 7 but the readme says it is for versions poser 4 and 5. it's the s1morc. i'd like to use this so is there anything i need to do to install and use it? i also have the other files that go with it.

also, where do i put the 2 .dll files, system 32, or soemwhere else?

i am a newbie at poser (and daz3d) so i don't want to start off wrong. thanks. Smile

Josea
(Stranger)
02/24/11 03:03 PM
Re: base install to poser new [re: chessmaster2000]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

What program are you trying to install? Poser or something that uses Poser. Poser 7 should be able to use anything content made for versions 4, 5, or 6.

Morkonan
(Stranger)
03/12/11 10:54 PM
Re: base install to poser [re: chessmaster2000]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Poser content does not normally require the install of any .dll files.  If you've downloaded some content for Poser that has .dll files, I'd be suspicious of it.  What are you trying to install?

As far as different versions, when content say's it requires a certain version of Poser, that normally means that it requires that version or any later version.  So, if it say's "Requires Poser 4" that means Poser 4 and up.

Unless it uses .bum files for the bumpmaps. (Poser 5 and below uses those, IIRC?)  Then, you have to convert those to jpgs by adding .jpg in place of .bum and correct the references in the figure/prop/pose files.

Matika
(Stranger)
03/13/11 11:13 AM
Re: base install to poser new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree with the others, if it is a .dll file you need to be leary.  Unless you are installing an actual program instead of a runtime, a dll file should not neccessary.  I did a search on line for the file you mentioned and get no feed back on such a file.  poser files usuall come in a zip, rar, or runtime.  The zip and rar usually decompress into a runtime.  In this runtime you can view the item as it is what you would install in Poser or daz.  There is a program that is free called universal extracter.  This will unpack most installers, zips, rar etc.  Then you can have a look at what is contained in the file.  You can get it http://universal-extractor.softlate.com/?gclid=CLWz4tWQzKcCFQY65QodQB33Eg

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise