Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 8869 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bluemoon01
(Stranger)
03/22/11 08:17 AM
This may be a stupid question Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi All,

I'm new to CG website. I love this place. I'm anxious to share some of the things I have done but I don't want to be inappropriate so I am waiting until I have read and looked at some of the work that you all have done.

I bought Poser 6 when it first came out and then got busy and haven't had much time to experiment with it. I have no experience with any other version of Poser.

Blah blah blah.........here's my question:

I must have 200 hundred versions of V3 or at least refer to that same OBJ file. Some say Ver 4 up to 6 something at the beginning of the Cr2 file. But when i load the character they have different morphs, dials etc....some have genitals. some don't. some have nails that grow long and some don't. i have NO idea how to tell them apart.

Is there anything in the file that will tell me or there some other way to tell?

God I hope I don't sound like a total dumbass.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

bluemoon1@vzw.blackberry.net

Matika
(Newbie)
03/22/11 05:06 PM
Re: This may be a stupid question new [re: bluemoon01]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

What your wanting is indeed a difficult task.  200 V3 Wow.  Well as we know you could load each one and see just what morphs it has.  That would take some time.  Editing and searching the cr2 file, again I am not so sure being new to the program you would understand everything that is written.  The may be a salution though.  It is called MorphManager 4.0  You can take the cr2 file into it and it will show you all the morphs that exist in that paticular model.  It also allows you to transfer morphs from one model to another easier.  In Vista and Win 7 I have read reports that it is unstable.  As of yet I have had very little difficuty using it.  You might want to give it a try.  Get it here  Hope this helps.Wink And also hope you understand what you are looking at when viewing the Morphs.Embarassed

Oh for the genitals to show you need to click show genitals, then even if there are no Morphs for it, it will show the crease.  Not every creator takes the time to make a figure anatomically correct.Tongue out

If you need a good cr2 editor, don't use Notepad or wordpad.  There is a free program that allows you edit, search, replace and is very complex but simple to use.  It allows you to save your work in different formats.  I use it for editing CR2, pp2, pz2, etc.  Also use it to edit motion files, BVH, and much more,

It is called NoteTab Lite.  Get it Here

scroll to bottom of page and click on free version

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise