Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 20432 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Matika
(Newbie)
06/23/11 11:11 PM
rigging Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have an OBJ of a werecat that I am wondering if anyone can rig for me.  I have tried to use the bones from a V4.2 figure as well as a V4.  The problem is everytime I do this I loose part of the leg due to the Cannons and paws although the bone count is the same.  Even renaming the bones will not work.  I have worked for sometime now on the rigging and it seems like I am beginning to repeat myself.  If anyone has a good solution to this I am willing to listen.

Yes I know that DAZ has something called paws which you can conform to a V4 figure.  For single shots this will work although you can not use hip morphs and for many poses you need to make adjustments.  For a 3,000 frame video this gets very involved post time.  I prefer one obj than two seperate as they never really conform.

thr33dviz
(Stranger)
06/26/11 06:15 AM
Re: rigging new [re: Matika]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Have you tired Puppet Master?..there are 2 versions Biped and Quadruped..might do the trick..just purchased Poser Physics myself.

Matika
(Newbie)
06/26/11 11:25 PM
Re: rigging new [re: thr33dviz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Puppet master is used for transfering a pose from one figure to another.  Both figures must be rigged.  Thanks anyways

Josea
(Stranger)
09/02/11 02:22 PM
Re: rigging new [re: Matika]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I know this post is from a few months back, but I'm curious to know if you ever solved your rigging problem. Also was the figure you wanted to rig one you created or one you bought or downloaded somewhere?

Matika
(Journeyman)
09/02/11 05:40 PM
Re: rigging new [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I think I may have solved it.  The reason for uncertainty is that A Gentleman, I believe a Gentleman, gave me the other day instructions which I am attempting to follow.   It is my own figure, though I may have cheated by using a picture of two other figures to make an obj from.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise