Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 17276 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

thr33dviz
(Stranger)
06/25/11 08:31 PM
pose help new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have been trying to copy a picture i have of a friend.She is part of a group that preforms for a band. Worked on it for hours trying to get the pses right and I cant get it just right and its really got me mad. I got it almost thre but for some reason the elbows seem to twist in an odd way..and i cant get the legs and feet just the way they need to be..turned off IK..but still things move that i don't want to move.ANY HELP would be fantastic

Matika
(Newbie)
06/25/11 10:23 PM
Re: pose help [re: thr33dviz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Have you ever used the graph for posing?  I find it is a better way of posing figures.

If you are using direct minipulation with the mouse, you will find it is the worst way to pose.  It may seem faster but trust me, it isn't in the long run.  Using the wheel to pose is OK if you take the time to go in and adjust the settings of the sensitivity.  Usually when you download a prop or figure the settings are like 1.0000 ot greater.  For fine tuning I set the sensitivity to .001  Again it depends on what you are posing.

You will find that no matter which way you pose, except using a BVH file, that any change will cause ripples.  This is why I use the graph so that I can see the ripples and nip them in the bud before it ruins the who pose.

Let me know which manner of posing you use and I will try to give you tips that might make that way easier, except for direct minipulation, that I can't help you with.

thr33dviz
(Stranger)
06/26/11 06:02 AM
Re: pose help new [re: Matika]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Never used the graph before but if it will keep things or at least show things oging out of wack earlier then I will use it for sure.Benn using the mouse for the most part,I guess it is a habit from using Max for so long.Has its drawbacks for sure.Still getting used to how Poser's pose tools work.Getting better at it at least ..haha..I will see if I can locate this graph and use it to my advantage..thank you so much for the help.If i knew how to post pics I would show you what I have so far ..the original photo and the Poser render for comparison.

Matika
(Newbie)
06/26/11 10:44 PM
Re: pose help new [re: thr33dviz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

the graph is easy enough to locate.  you see a little arrow to the right of the adjustment wheel. click on it and a pop up menue will appear.  This menu is where you will find a number of options such as settings, reset and graph plus others.  Click on graph and one will appear.   there is a box in the upper right hand corner that allows you to change which adjustment like bend, twist, etc you want to use.  You can also click on the wheel of that adjustment to change what the graph to that adjustment.  To close the graph just click on the dot in the upper left hand corner.  It took me the longest time to see that symbol.

By the way, even though I do use a tablet, its not uncommon to use the mouse.  One of these days hopefully I will feel more comfortable with the tablet, as it works best in the graphic programs I use.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise