Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 12966 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Matika
(Newbie)
06/25/11 11:16 PM
Queue Manager Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Anybody have any experience with Queue Manager?  I do all of my work on a Laptop (Not by Choice)  Even though I have max ram and a fair amout of Hard drives an involved scene will take it's tole, especially when you have well over 500 frames to render.   Queue Manager is suppose to allow the user to use other Machines for the render so the main computer is not tied up.  Since I can no longer sit at my desktop and its sits vacant, this sounds good to me.   Unfortunately they won't talk to each other.  My desktop is xp pro sp3 32bit.  Lap top is Home preminum 7 64 bit.  Anyone have any Idea how to make this work.  I can share files between the two, but queue won't work on but the host machine (my laptop) 

I just finished a 7000+ frames music video and it took the lap top too long to render it, at which I couldn't use poser or hardly anything else without bogging it down. 

thr33dviz
(Stranger)
06/26/11 06:08 AM
Re: Queue Manager new [re: Matika]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

the only thing I can find that maybe of some use ( or not) is this http://support.smithmicro.com/cs/smkb.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2125

I know i sure do miss network rendering! 3dsMax's version was easy to set up adn owrked wonderfully..Poser's version I have not tried yet.

Matika
(Newbie)
06/26/11 11:03 PM
Re: Queue Manager new [re: thr33dviz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Already been there and other places to read.    Tried it again this morning and learned that if the other machine's queue manager is up and running then it will connect once.  Not very efficent.  It seems to be fickled or something.  The way it reads is that when you send your project to the queue manager it brings up both.  So far no.  Smith Micro doesn't seem to support it.

If you get yours working, let me know.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise