Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 21346 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

michaels
(Stranger)
10/20/11 12:14 PM
Morph ++ and other newbie problems new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm using PoserDebut (after failing with DAZ).  I've had to load it, dump it, and reinstall but it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do.  Now I have two issues:  I've added Victoria and Michael (because that seems to be where to start); however, when I try to load the Morphs, I get a message saying they have to go in the directory with my Poser.exe.  I've spent two weeks trying to get that to work: I've created a notepad titled Poser.exe and placed it right over my PoserDebut.exe.  I've place that same .txt in every imaginable place and tried to load the morphs in every imaginable place (short of some vulgarities) to no avail.

My setup is this:  In Programs (x86) I have a SmithMicro folder; in it are PoserDebut and Stuffit.  Within PoserDebut I have runtime and download folders that I ignore and that red P button, labeled PoserDebut, not Poser.exe.

In Documents, there is a Poser Debut content folder.  In that, Runtime and Download.  Michael and Victoria (without their Morph++)d are in the download folder, as was recommened to me on several other boards.  The content shows up in my Download Library and so far works as it should.  I haven't loaded anything else yet.  I'm not comfortable enough to split everything up and try to place each element in a separate folder.  (I'm an old man learning new tricks and given my failure with DAZ, I'm edgy.)

So, can anyone help me get my morphs in place?  Because without that, it seems I'm in deep droppings.  And please, be gentle in the answer: I don't know half the language of the computer world and right now, anyway, I need handholding.  (But not in Photoshop, where I've gotten control of the situation.)

Whew.  Thanks...and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone.

Michael

Josea
(Stranger)
10/20/11 01:22 PM
Re: Morph ++ and other newbie problems new [re: michaels]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've had some old utilites that do things for Poser and they always had to be installed in the same directory (also called a folder) that poser.exe was at. Often when installing away from the where Poser is installed I would create a folder where I would put a fake poser.exe (a plain empty file named poser.exe not poser.exe.txt) and a folder named runtime with subfolders that duplicate the folders found in poser's runtime folder. The poser.exe file is usually in the same folder that has runtime (but not inside runtime).

I'm not sure if this would help. I'm note even sure why PoserDebut would require poser.exe when it has its own name since it is suppose to be Poser for beginners.

When you created a blank file named poser.exe did you make sure it was note poser.exe.txt? Windows often hides extentions like .exe and .txt which make this kind of thing hard.

I hope I didn't confuse you since you are a newbie.

michaels
(Stranger)
10/20/11 01:55 PM
Re: Morph ++ and other newbie problems [re: Josea]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Josea,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have been careful not to have both .txt and .exe extentions, but I've printed your suggestion (including the extra folder) and will give it a shot tomorrow.  I guess if I can get it next to the right Runtime folder (there seems to be at least three of them in various places), it might just work.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.

Michael

michaels
(Stranger)
10/21/11 08:57 AM
Re: Morph ++ and other newbie problems new [re: michaels]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Josea,

Thanks a million times over; I followed your instructions and I can now morph to my heart's content.

Michael

Josea
(Newbie)
10/24/11 01:51 PM

Glad I could help.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise