Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 70333 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
KatarZero
(Stranger)
04/20/13 09:36 PM
Little Lost... new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well, I just got Poser for my laptop and now I got slammed in the face with a major issue after downloading some models off the site. The problem? I have NO idea WHATSOEVER how to install them into poser. Talk about poor planning. Anyway, if anyone can help, that would be great.

Key notes: Yes, I have the required items. Yes, I tried the import option. Yes I extracted the files. No, I did not copy the files directly into the Poser folder. No, I have no idea which folder to put them in.

So if anyone can help, I'd apreciate it.

Tomisama
(Stranger)
04/21/13 12:04 PM
Re: Little Lost... new [re: KatarZero]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Which version of Poser do you have?
Do you have room on your laptop for DAZ Studio + Install Manager (about 250 MB)?

Edited by Tomisama on 04/21/13 12:05 PM.

KatarZero
(Stranger)
04/21/13 01:14 PM
Re: Little Lost... new [re: Tomisama]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm using Poser Pro 2012. I tried using DAZ 3D, but it caused my laptop to keep crashing. Poser 2012 is working great though. As for room on my laptop, I have over 40 gigs. i can try re installing DAZ if you think it'll help. I have a copy of DAZ Pro 4 that I can put on the lappy. I'll do it now, but I was using Poser because all my models are for that program.

UPDATE: I am installing my ENTIRE DAZ 3D Studio software, so if you have advice for that as well, and also how to possibly keep it from crashing, that would help greatly.

Edited by KatarZero on 04/21/13 02:45 PM.

Tomisama
(Stranger)
04/21/13 02:52 PM
Re: Little Lost... [re: KatarZero]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am no expert, but have been through this so many times, and finding only one solution that works for me, I will do my best to pass it on.
First, the more you look around, the more you will find that Poser and DAZ Studio pretty much go hand in hand. Although they use different filling formats, they can use each other’s content, which expands your creative choices.
I am currently using Poser Pro 2012 64 bit, and DAZ Studio 4.5 64 bit, so all will be in consideration of that configuration, although I do believe it would all be the same for the 32 bit versions if that is what you are using.
I forgot to ask you what operating system you were on, I am on Windows 7 and hope the following will all be relevant even if you are not.
I am hoping you will have the latest version of DS, if not highly recommend downloading and installing it. That and the DAZ Install Manager, they are both free.
Please let me know when this has been done. I will be back shortly to explain how these all work together. 

Edit: Missed your update to the above. Hope you have the latest DS, we will go on from there.

KatarZero
(Stranger)
04/21/13 03:02 PM
Re: Little Lost... new [re: Tomisama]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Currently replacing the program download. I will be installing ALL versions of DS. DS 4 Advanced, DS 4.0 DS 4.5 Pro and DS 4.5 SDK. I will now retrieve the download manager to go with them. As well, I use windows 7 32 bit, so I am looking forward to hearing your advice when you pass it on. Thanks XD

Update: Everything is installed and ready. Looking forward to the advice XD

Edited by KatarZero on 04/21/13 04:20 PM.

Tomisama
(Stranger)
04/21/13 04:21 PM
Re: Little Lost... [re: KatarZero]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I don’t know that you need all of those versions, and am a little concerned that there may be problems connected with having them all on board, but then again I don’t know that for a fact. My motto is always simple is best, so I have only Version 4.5.1.56 Pro Edition, and would think that is all that’s needed.

The reason you need DS is to provide a target for the Install Manager, at this point any way. DAZ sets up the DAZ 3D Studio My library with a Runtime of its own, and Poser sets up Poser Pro 2012 Content with its own Runtime, and a Downloads file location for future Poser Runtimes you will add.
The Install Manager sets up a My DAZ 3D Library with its own Runtime plus other stuff, which is not to be confused with DAZ 3D Studio My library (above). Now this at first sounds a bit crazy, as you now have four libraries, each with their own Runtimes, but from this you can gain a very easily understood organization that will save you a lot of hair pulling in the future, once you understand it.
The first library (DAZ 3D Studio My library) is only for files that came with DS originally.
The second library (Poser Pro 2012 Content) is only for files that came with Poser originally.

These should never be added to, to preserve the integrity of the two programs.

The Install Manager will load all of your additional DAZ files to the My DAZ 3D Library second DAZ library, all done neat and proper.
And last but not least, you will be placing all of your additional Poser files in Poser Pro 2012 Content “Downloads”, never the Poser Pro 2012 Content “Runtime” file location where all of your Poser original files are. This way if you mess-up, you don’t destroy the basic operation of the Poser program, which I have done several times.

Once both programs are configured properly, they will display all four library locations and any files in them that they can use respectively. From here on out you may be temporarily confused, but ultimately hopefully never again lost  ;) 

I will watch for your questions daily. Good Luck!

KatarZero
(Stranger)
04/21/13 05:08 PM

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl right after I get off work. I should have an update by noon tomorrow, EST

Tomisama
(Stranger)
04/21/13 05:53 PM
Re: Little Lost... new [re: KatarZero]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Tomisama
(Stranger)
04/21/13 06:03 PM

As it will all look in DAZ. Note the My DAZ 3D Library is in Poser Format. 

Tomisama
(Stranger)
04/21/13 06:13 PM

As it will look in Poser. Note no files showing in Downloads folder. That is because the Poser files I have in there at the moment are Props, and will only show in Poser when that catagory is selected.

Have Fun!

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise