Application Specific
   >> Poser
Thread views: 80918 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
jalex417Moderator
(Newbie)
09/06/07 02:24 PM
Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We are contemplating moving all Poser models from the 3d models section to the poser section and I'm seeking comments. We would move them to the Poser section and put them in the "Other" format. Users would then go in to their account and edit their uploads by checking the format(s) that apply. We would not change the URL to your work so links to your work would still work.

We are also looking into doing the same for textures.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks very much,

kirili
(Stranger)
09/16/07 07:24 PM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Can't believe we're the first to post a reply to this thread.

This sounds like a cool idea, but wouldn't it be easier to offer the "poser" catagory into 3D Models instead of moving them around?

For instance, say that someone already has their Poser related items set in the "3D Models" catagory (as we do on some), all they would need to do then is just uncheck the un-needed sections and click on Poser.  Same thing for texturing, etc.  Just a an idea.

jalex417Moderator
(Journeyman)
09/17/07 09:12 PM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: kirili]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We're still in contemplation mode on this one ... and I appreciate your input as we forumate a plan.

adp__
(Stranger)
10/05/07 01:03 PM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Please take into account that "good" Poser models have external geometries (mesh) in OBJ format. Such props are pretty well usable with other 3D-apps. So a crosslink would be nice to avoid the need to upload the same item to other 3D categories.

DavidJHanna
(Stranger)
02/10/08 09:26 PM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Everyone.

I haven’t created any poser files to share, but I did create a poser utility.  It’s a very small, but easy to use MAT pose cloner.  It allows you to quickly change texture, transparency, and bump maps in a variety of poser file types.  When I tried to post it, I couldn’t find a good category for it.  I put it under “Software and Tools”.  The only box I could check that seemed remotely connected was “3D Apps”, even though it doesn’t actually show 3D images.  It also doesn’t edit 2D or 3D images.  It edits Poser files (*.pp2, *.pz2, *.pz3, *.cr2, *.hr2, *.mt5, and *.mc6).  Either boxes to check for the software the utility applies to, or a “Utilities and Tools” box under the Poser section would be very helpful.

-David

Axe_Swipe
(Newbie)
02/19/08 10:16 AM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

While it is true that most Poser models do utilize an external .obj file, the poiont is they are designed and packaged for use in Poser and IMO should go into the Poser section so that people browsing for Poser content only have to look in one place.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
02/21/08 12:34 AM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: adp__]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I Guess the dynamic clothes I make for Poser figures aren't "Good" because I don't tend to extract the OBJ data from the Poser Prop files. Cool

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Jumpstartme2
(Member)
02/21/08 01:55 AM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

"I Guess the dynamic clothes I make for Poser figures aren't "Good""

I think they are good....now if I could just talk you into making a tut so I can make stuff too, I'd be happier than a pig in mud :D 

Axe_Swipe
(Newbie)
02/21/08 06:09 AM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: MatrixWorkz]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

keeping the obj data in the pp2 or cr2 file doesn't make them bad models.

Keeping the obj data separate simply allows you to make changes or corrections to the obj without having to recreate the pp2 or cr2 every time, and i stherefore preferred by (and in some cases mandated) by marketplaces that provide support for products sold in their stores.

MatrixWorkz
(Enthusiast)
02/27/08 11:55 PM
Re: Move Poser 3d models from 3d models to Poser? new [re: Axe_Swipe]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

JSM2 Check your email. I sent you some step by step help. Laughing

Axe - If someone's proficient enough to modify the external geometry, surely they're proficient enough to use Poser's "Export to OBJ" feature to regain the file. That's how I do it myself. Call me lazy, I'm giving away freebies here not selling in a Market Place.Money mouth

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

Pages in this thread: 1 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise