ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Shoot the Breeze Here
Thread views: 38088 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

JAriel
(Stranger)
04/08/08 09:09 AM
Hello/Hola! new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just wanted to stop by real quick and say "Hi".  New here to ShareCG, well, put it this way, new in that I'm posting and publishing stuff to the site -- been lurking for a while now. Wink

Anyway, impressed with all the stuff here, and hope to make friends along the way.  I'm more into animation/short-film type work, but, don't hold that against me.

Well, I'll keep this short, just wanted to intro myself.   Happy "sharing".

brainstew
(Stranger)
04/08/08 12:10 PM
Re: Hello/Hola! new [re: JAriel]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Welcome to ShareCG!

I don't have a clue about animation, but admire anyone who can do that stuff. So, I for one will certainly not hold your animation work against you.

Yep, I agree, there is a lot of good items, animation, and art to be found here, but there's always room for more good stuff, so  it's a good thing that you've stopped lurking and finally come out in the open. Hope you'll have a lot of fun here!

JAriel
(Stranger)
04/08/08 05:20 PM
Re: Hello/Hola! new [re: brainstew]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks, Brainstew.  Glad to be here.  Not sure if my work can meet the standards of other's -- some real good stuff here, but I'll do my best. Smile

Thanks again for the welcome!

J. Ariel

So many options, but only 2 feet.

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
04/08/08 09:06 PM
Re: Hello/Hola! new [re: JAriel]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello JAriel.
 Welcome to ShareCG.  Don't worry about the standards, there aren't any.  Otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to post my stuff here (Just kidding).  We all have our own areas where we can excel.  I know nothing about art, and very little about 3D modeling, but I've been welcomed here.  I just used my programming skills to write a useful little utility program for Poser files.  Eventually I hope to learn how to create good images, and maybe a few Poser characters and props.  This is a good place to develop new skills and show them off.   It’s also a great place to ask for help when you get stuck.  Just one word of warning.  Just like the real world, you may run into a short tempered or narrow-minded individual.  Rather than indulging in a flame war, ignore them.  There will always be plenty of members willing to help you and give constructive criticism.
                                                -David 

JAriel
(Stranger)
04/08/08 11:30 PM
Re: Hello/Hola! new [re: DavidJHanna]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hey David -

Thanks for the welcome and heads up.  Though, I can understand the different personalities, creative/artistic people are a unique group and differences will arise.  But hey, makes things a bit interesting and yeah, usually best to keep low when the flames erupt. Wink

One of these eons, I need to take a look at Poser -- I've seen that name pop up so many times here, and other places I visit.  Must be something worthwhile since you spent time programming a utility.  Kudos on that.

Again, thanks for extending the welcome mat.

J. Ariel

Dyald
(Stranger)
04/09/08 01:26 PM

Hi JAriel,

If you are wanting to just check out poser type stuff, I'd suggest you get Daz studio first. It is much like poser, and uses the same files, but it is free, where a new poser program can cost over a hundred dollars. Then if you decide you don't like it you're not out anything. you can always go back and get poser later.

just a tip

David (a different one)

JAriel
(Stranger)
04/09/08 03:34 PM
Re: Hello/Hola! [re: Dyald]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Koo!  Thanks for the tip -- I'm a DAZ/Artzone member and I keep meaning to download DAZ Studio everytime I see the banner ad.

Thanks again! Smile

Dyald
(Stranger)
04/09/08 04:50 PM

You're welcome.

look me up at AZ (same user-name)

DavidJHanna
(Newbie)
04/09/08 10:19 PM
Hello again new [re: JAriel]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I also wanted to tell you to keep an eye out for special freebies.  I paid for Poser 4, but got Poser 5 free, when Content Paradise was giving it away.  I also got Cararan 5 Pro for free, with the purchase of a magazine. Okay, so it wasn't really free.  It cost me about $16.  Check all the forums, and keep your eyes open, and you will find some really good deals.

-David

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise