ShareCG Main Forums
   >> Shoot the Breeze Here
Thread views: 83759 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
3dgreg
(Stranger)
11/18/08 09:37 PM
Where's everyone from? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just curious, in a site I used to work with, we had people from Paris, Netherlands, Africa, Canada, Mexico, etc. Kinda cool. Oh yeah, me. I'm from Denver, Colorado, USA. You?

Tippy
(Stranger)
11/19/08 07:35 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: 3dgreg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Alberta, Canada. I just got back from taking my family to DisneyLand.....what a blast!

HoboBo
(Stranger)
11/19/08 09:03 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: 3dgreg]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Smile

Gothenburg - on the west coast of Sweden.

But in the nineties I lived 5 years in Orlando, Florida

HoboBo

DavidJHanna
(Journeyman)
11/19/08 08:56 PM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: Tippy]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I was raised just a few miles from Disneyland, but now live in southern Idaho.  It’s a great place to live, but a bad place to try to earn a living.  Minimum wage is referred to as a "Competitive Wage".  Well, I guess no place is perfect.

dadchamp
(Member)
11/20/08 05:16 PM

Where ever I hang my hat I call home. Right now it's South Bend Indiana. But it has been Los Angeles CA, Union MI, Baltimore MD, SanVito Italy, San Angelo TX, and a few more that I'd prefer to forget. This widow's son is a travelling man!

--
I don't fear God anymore. Anything he/she can do to me now is only adding insult to injury!

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
11/25/08 07:41 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: dadchamp]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi --- I'm  here in rainy Silicon Valley ... well, it's raining today any way.  I'm origionally from NYC, but really like it in Northern California ... Now NYC, for me, is a nice place to visit ... but.

Looks like ShareCG's is a true worldwide community!

Pommerlis
(Stranger)
12/22/08 05:41 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: jalex417]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm from the city of Eindhoven, The Netherlands

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
12/23/08 01:30 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: Pommerlis]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I used to do consulting work for Philips Semiconductor and they were headquartered in Eindhoven.  Small world .....  ......   Welcome to ShareCG!

hamstergirl4444
(Stranger)
04/06/10 04:41 PM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: HoboBo]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Originally from Queens, New York, but living in Marin County, California since 1983.  Head north from San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge for about a 15 minute drive, and you'll hit a town called San Rafael - bingo, here I am....

Orlando?... *shudders*.....I lived in Titusville for a year in the early 70's, watched Apollo 17 go up from my backyard (WHOA!).  Other than that part, I HATED Florida - too hot, and the bugs were too freakin' big LOL!

jalex417Moderator
(Member)
04/07/10 06:18 PM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: hamstergirl4444]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Queens ---- I lived in Kew Gardens up till I was around 13.  I was born at Mary Emaculate hospital in Jamaica.  Now I'm here in the South Bay ... Campbell

Edited by jalex417 on 04/07/10 06:19 PM.

RetroDK
(Stranger)
04/11/10 02:44 AM

I'm from the Kingdom of Denmark and I've lived almost all my life in the capital of Copenhagen, I've tried smalltown-life a couple of times, but I guess I'm a City-boy at heart.

jedswindells
(Stranger)
10/06/10 08:48 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: RetroDK]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

A small village,Charlesworth in Derbyshire,UK.A rather dull and quiet place (think of Hobbiton!) but I love it!.

I don't know why most of my work is nautical my home is miles from the coast!.Must be the old stories of discovery and adventure I loved as a boy.

Cheers! Jed.

Poppa
(Stranger)
01/11/11 04:23 AM

I'm  from Nottingham UK originally (Where Robin Hood comes from) but i live in Newbury UK now My name is Tony.

groovemaster
(Stranger)
01/11/11 10:14 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: Poppa]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm from Belgium, I live in a little tourist trap called Brugge, just about 20 kilometers off the coast.

peace,

Tony

Greybeard
(Stranger)
01/25/11 08:37 PM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: groovemaster]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Burlington, Wisconsin, USA.  Home of the Burlington Liars Club.  (It does exist, yes.)  Name's Rich.  Not a member of that cherished organization.  Have to submit a world class lie to become a member, rules me out.

GeoLS
(Stranger)
02/19/11 01:53 PM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: Greybeard]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Cody, Wyoming... East Gate to Yellowstone Park

Matika
(Stranger)
03/02/11 12:21 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: GeoLS]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You ever have one of those days, well this is one of those days.  So I will get started again, for the 3rd time.  "Dumb dog"  Anyways.  As I stated before she hit the delete button.  I really think I am from my mother.  Though I can't be all that sure for the fact that I was born in the state of Confusion.  Never really got to know my mother and I am still in a state of confusion.

But so that I am not a complete duffus, I will admit to untill recently living in Tabscott.  Its not a town, nor city or anything else.  I just a name on a map.  Nearest store was seven miles away. They sold beer and gasoline, oh bread too.  It was 45 miles to the closest walmart or shopping center.   I live on a little ten acre plot of land in the middle of a forest in Virginia.  About a hundred and twenty yards from my deck, was a creek which never went dry.  At least not while I was there.  I used to go sun bathing on a huge flat rock that rested in the middle of it.  The water was like ice in the middle of summer.  It was fead from underground streams.  Nearest neighbor was a mile away.  That's how far it was to the road.  Beautiful, peaceful.  But now am selling it, and moving out of Virginia.  Not by choice.  Just a fact of life that one does not forsee.  Would like to move to tokoyo or singapore, but because of the same circumstances, it won't happen.  Not in this lifetime.

thr33dviz
(Stranger)
06/26/11 07:50 AM
Re: Where's everyone from? new [re: Matika]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

lets see..I was born in a small town In Sicily called Grotte..raised in Little Italy NYC..and lived in the Tampa bay area since I was 15 (1985)...went to college in the Orlando ( more like Deland but nobody knows where that is hahaha )area..go UCF Knights!!!..

Pages in this thread: 1 | >> (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

GENEQ

© 2024 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
670 Aberdeen Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us
ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

Report a Bug Report Abuse Make a Suggestion About Privacy Policy Contact Us User Agreement Advertise